Sunday, June 08, 2008

Burnt and Happy

I am out of the office tomorrow, so I am gonna get ahead of the game and blog tonight:-). Munchkin, being the super-connected socialite, is at the Celtics game, and I am waiting up for her to get home. Way past her bedtime, but it seemed like a special enough occasion. She is gonna be a bear when I wake her up tomorrow morning...

The weekend was awesome, although it is now hotter than a fucking blast furnace. It was incredibly hot around here all weekend, but it was actually a little chilly on Saturday at the beach, and today was just abso-fucking-lutely gorgeous.

I am, however, bearing at least a moderate resemblance to a steamed lobster at the moment. I got a TON of sun today, and am in need of a little bit of skin lotion. Who thinks I can convince The Boy to rub aloe all over me? I think I can sell him on that;-) Speaking of the handsome devil...I haven't seen him since Friday morning, and I miss him terribly!

Nothing terribly exciting going on this week, save for the car shopping;-). Other than being out of the office tomorrow, the week shouldn't be too terribly busy. Oh, and why am I out of the office? Why, golf of course! A bank we work with has a foundation and they are having a tournament to benefit the foundation. One of the VP's that was supposed to play has some actual work to do, so I am taking his place. I am actually kinda nervous...I have only every played with Munchkin, Smoking Hot Roommate and Big Sis. I am a little scared at what someone else might think of my (complete lack of) skills.

But seriously, how hard can it be? As long as I remember sunblock;-)

4 comments:

anne said...

Ack I'm red too. Even though this was our 3rd straight weekend at the beach - the bathing suit I wore was a bit lower cut than the other 2 and I have some burnt boobs. Some one's gotta rub aloe on those puppies!

Still just me said...

Oh, I miss my Old Man, especially when you talk about getting lotion rubbed all over you!

Ally said...

AM, have I ever told you that you live a really rough life?:)

Hope you had fun at "work" today!

Goose said...

I WISH I was red for the heat! Its still freezing at night here in my world! Its pathetic when its the middle of June and my heater keeps kicking on at night! :)

Hope your tournament went well!