Monday, June 23, 2008

Is it the weekend again yet?

I have three unrelated things today...two small notes and a disturbing story. So let's get right to it.

1) Tinkerbelle's Mom has to have back surgery later this summer. She did some damage to a disk moving some furniture around and they need to fix it. Which means that I get to babysit:-) I am either going to go out there for a bit, or she is going to come and stay here for a bit. Just like 4-5 days or so while she gets through the hardest part of the recovery. Very excited:-)

2) Golf yesterday. We played when we got back from the beach and here were the scores:

Big Sis: 59
Munchkin: 59
AM: 52
Smoking Hot Roommate: 35

That is my best score ever! I did really good:-) Never mind SHR...she doesn't count...

3) Anyone seen this story? Short version...a bunch of 16 year old girls may or may not have made a pact to get pregnant and have babies together this year. I am having a hard time getting my thoughts together on that one...didn't there used to be a stigma to being an unwed, pregnant teen? Is shame always a bad thing?

I am sure some other people have more articulate thoughts on this than I do...I can't get very far past "What a bunch of stupid whores"...

-----

Short week for me, I have Thursday and Friday off for the first half of SHR's bachelorette party. I think I will have to work next week, so I won't be able to stay the whole time, but I will be there for four days this weekend, and then probably four days again next weekend. Kind of hard to argue with that;-)

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH how fun would that be to have Tinkerbelle in town for a few days?

Thanks for the normal/psyched comment on my blog. People love to send me a lot of ridiculous mail/comments.

So now that I'm not leaving August 1st, maybe someday we'll actually grab a drink :)

Goose said...

I heard the story about the pregnant teenagers! I couldn't believe it! I was a mom at 18, but not on purpose. Yes, I was being irresponsible but I would've NEVER planned it! Why couldn't they have planned a movie night or something? Did you hear that one of them went to the extent of hiring a homeless man to have sex with her?!?!?! YUCK

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

okay, that's so funny b/c I was going to send you a link to this article asking for your thoughts on it as a Q&A topic. Somehow I just knew you'd have something to say. ;-)

boohoo said...

That's bad news about Tinkerbelle's mother but good news that you get to see her for so long :)

I heard about the girls who made the pact... it's a weird one. Here in the UK pregnant teens are the norm and there isn't any stigma attached to it anymore. My sister asked me how they all managed to get pregnant when so many women/men have trouble making babies. Perhaps there were more than just the girls who fell pregnant in the pact? It's a huge number of girls, though. It's just a really weird story.