Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Kitten Has Claws

The Celtics won the NBA Championship last night, and I let Munchkin stay up to watch the whole game. The Boy was lobbying to take her to a bar to watch the game, but I didn't want her out that late. We all know that I am OK with her hanging out in bars...but the game started after 9:00, which is way past the time limit. Anyway, I feel like it was not nearly as big a deal as the Red Sox winning the World Series last year, but that could just be me.

But I let her stay up, and she was very excited by the whole thing. And then she was one miserable, grumpy little bitch when I woke her up this morning...lol. She is actually in school this week...taking summer acting lessons;-)...so I let her stay home this morning and sleep in. I suppose if I wanted to teach her a lesson, I would have made her go, but I don't see where that would have accomplished much. She doesn't need any lessons;-). I told her to call me when she wakes up and I will run home and bring her over. Or, she could probably walk herself over (although I would be terrified until I knew she got there safely...)

I feel like taking a long walk later on. It is really a beautiful day out, and it makes me want to enjoy the city. Like...walk over to Tia's for a drink after work, then walk someplace for dinner, then walk someplace for dessert. Just seems like a good night to be out and around. I bet if I ask real nice, I can convince Smoking Hot Roommate, The Rocket Scientist or The Boy to help me out with that;-)

So, let's see what else is new. Actually not much. I was out of the office yesterday, and today I need to write up all of my notes, but don't have a really busy day.

Which means that any of you who have been secretly saying "Gee, I should really IM AM some day...she seems like a lot of fun to waste an afternoon with..." today is the day;-) I will be waiting patiently...

3 comments:

anne said...

Its hot as balls here. Go out and enjoy some nice weather for me.

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

I'm STILL jealous of your weather out there (I'm in the Pacific NW). What IM client do you use? I know I have been commenting for very long but I'm a long-time lurker and am always up for a chat while bored at work. ;-)

Accidentally Me said...

Google...me.accidentally@gmail.com...:-)