Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I Promise to Keep My Clothes On

OK...commuting is less fun in the rain...lol.

As promised yesterday, details on Smoking Hot Roommate's bachelorette party, which Big Sis has finally gotten ironed out. She is in charge because she is the Maid of Honor, and because she should be in charge of everything. Shit gets done when she is on the scene;-)

In the end, it has ballooned into a 10 day extravaganza, although the actual bachelorette party portion of the whole thing will be the last 3-4 days. The location is a lovely little bungalow in Southampton that Big Sis has rented for the occasion (or Westhampton?...can some one explain the idea of towns, villages, hamlets and the like? I don't get it).

She has the place for something like June 25 through the weekend of July 4th, and she and SHR will be there pretty much the whole time. The first weekend will be much more of a family-friendly vacation...Papa Bear is going down, as are a bunch of aunts and uncles and cousins and such. And then the family is going home and the friends are all rolling in for the long weekend. Including The Body and The Mouth, who I haven't seen in FOREVER!!! Seriously, what could possibly go wrong...?

Munchkin is definitely coming down for the first part, but I think I am going to send her home before the real party starts. Not that I really think anyone is gonna get into that much trouble, but she is just a little too young. She is also going to Chicago like a week after that, and I would rather she not have any interesting stories to tell...those people already hate me enough, I don't need to give them any "lawsuit fodder". Plus, I would rather not have to feel like I always had to look out for her. I dunno, I could change my mind...I know SHR would like her there.

SHR, Papa Bear and a couple of their relatives are actually sailing down there. She asked me if I wanted to come with them and I couldn't help laughing. I enjoy sitting out on a boat with a cold one just as much as the next girl, but open-ocean sailing just doesn't appeal to me. I have like a 3 hour boat maximum...then it stops being fun. Notice that they didn't even bother asking Big Sis;-) Actually, maybe Munchkin would like to sail down...she has more sailing experience than I do...

Anyway, that's the plan...the beach, some booze and a whole lot of party. Looking forward to it!

4 comments:

anne said...

I think your honeymoon ideas about commuting are probably only that way since you only have to do it for a few weeks and only once a day!

Um beach house sounds amazing!

Lpeg said...

Sounds like a FANTASTIC bachelorette party! I hope you guys have a great time - what's not to love about it!!

(ps - you should sail up to Camden sometime, it's beautiful up here!)

Anonymous said...

I wanna stay at a beach house for a week! :)

boohoo said...

wow that sounds like one long party! I bet you'll have a great time :D does that mean no guys for the entire time, though? :/