Friday, June 06, 2008

A Five-Pack of Fun

The Boy points out that it is a good thing his Mom loves me so much;-). Twin Sister notes that seeing a text message referencing me naked probably wasn't nearly as bad as the first time she saw her daughter kiss another girl;-) Both excellent points!

-----

It took four days for the boys at camp to become smitten over Munchkin. Actually, it took four days for me to hear about it...it probably happened faster. The girl has skills, what can I say?

-----

So, this big giant thing that we have been working on recently...well, it reached a big milestone yesterday, and our role is pretty much done. I ain't naming names, or telling you who we were working for, but a scan of the business news should give you an idea of the basic thing I am talking about.

So what does this mean? First, that I won't be so busy for the next month as I was for the last...which is good news, since I have some vacation-type things to do and would have disliked working through all of them. Second, hopefully a big fat bonus:-). I will find out about that, hopefully soon! And third, it was just an interesting deal. This company got sold twice in the last year and we helped both times...and it was interesting to see how fast the "smart money" could recognize a new environment and change their strategy so fast to adapt. I guess that is why they are the "smart money".

But let's focus on that second point some more;-)

-----

I have some car shopping to consult on next week...and that is always fun. My appreciation of cars is really random and totally inexplicable, but it is very real. Big Sis has one of these that is two years old, but she is bored and wants something new. I know I can count on her to get something that is completely absurd, totally over the top, and incredibly fun. Like this, or this, or this, or this. Smoking Hot Roommate has one of these that is three years old and wants something bigger and more functional. I will have much more fun picking out something for her than she will;-)

-----

Finally a beach weekend! I can't wait to get into a bikini, get some color and enjoy the summery weather! Munchkin, SHR and I are trying to be on the road by 3:00, which is maybe a little ambitious, but is a noble goal. We are without the boys this weekend (softball tournament for The Boy, work for The Rocket Scientist) but the house should be pretty busy...quite a few SHR-family members will be there.

So, that's my five-part Friday smorgasbord...hope everyone has a super-fun weekend!!!

6 comments:

Lpeg said...

Totally jealous that you are hooked up with SHR and Big Sis and get to go car shopping with them!

As for the weekend, enjoy it! It's supposed to be mid-80's here, so even warmer where you are - perfect beach weather!

And congrats on the job deal!

Have a good weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... your roomate has a porche! Dang, do you get to drive it?

Accidentally Me said...

I think I may need to rename her, since she is no longer my roommate (Smoking Hot Landlord?). Yes, I have driven her can, which is fun. I have also driven Big Sis's car, which is FUNNNNN!!!

Still just me said...

And I thought I had a good car, 10 year old SUV!

Accidentally Me said...

I have a four year old SUV...not fun when gas costs what it does now!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooo I want a beach weekend! I hope you have fun :)