Wednesday, August 22, 2007

All Hail the #2 Miller Lite Dodge...

First note of business...Happy Birthday to one of my very favorite bloggers...Brandy. Always funny, always thoughtful, and always mmmmagic:-) Best wishes for the best year yet!

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program. Quiznos sucks. I already knew this, but it was reaffirmed yesterday. It seems like they justify their entire existence by highlighting that they own a toaster oven. Yay.

It was an awfully nice treat to meet Munchkin for lunch, though:-) So, I can't complain about that. And the half-free lunch was pretty sweet, too. I didn't see any curious people skrinkering around mysteriously and looking for me...(brookem, how did I do? I am trying to figure out exactly what this word means...) But if you were there and saw an ultra-sexy older sister and her super cute little sister sitting on the steps outside at about 12:30, well...congrats, you found me.

Have I mentioned that I have a favorite Nascar driver? Kind of a long story, but it dates from this ski trip here. The father that took all the kids apparently (and kind of inexplicably for a Princeton/Yale-educated lawyer from Boston) loves Nascar...and his one huge respite every week is when he sits down to watch the race on Sunday in complete peace or with his two or three other closet Nascar-fan friends. It's like a deal they have...she has all of Saturday morning to herself to do whatever she needs to, and he gets Sunday afternoon for racing and football. I think these are the things that make happy marriages...

Anyway, he skipped out of skiing on that Sunday and since I was bumming around the house, I ended up watching the race with him while I did some other stuff. He explained quite a bit to me and I picked a favorite driver... because he said everyone hated him and I felt bad for him. Of course, then he tried to run someone over with his car during a race in June, so I guess the hatred is maybe well-earned.

Apparently my favorite Nascar driver has been quite the little racer-guy lately, and I now get email updates every Monday morning of what happened. Or, in this case, on Wednesday morning because they got rained out for to days and my favorite Nascar driver won again... (full disclosure, I already knew this because one of my IM buddies who is aware of my love for MFND had filled me in one what happened.)

So, what do we think...should I go up to Loudon, NH for the next race there in September? I was invited in July but didn't want to burn up a whole long weekend to go. However, I have never been and I feel like it is something I should do at least once. Especially if I get to chug Miller Lite all day!!!

9 comments:

Tiff Fernie said...

Nascar races are fun! I think in the South they are a TOTALLY different ballgame, though.

IF you get the chance... DEFINITELY go!! :-)

Ally said...

The ski trip father reminds me of my good friend who wore his puffy Nascar jacket over his suits to work at the top law firm in Atlanta.

While I have no interest in Nascar, I do think it'd be interesting to go to one of the races. Therefore I vote for you going and taking photos....we want to see mullets!

Aaron said...

I can't believe you devoted an entire (mostly) blog to NASCAR. blah.

And I know what "brookem" stands for. You're behind the times!

Accidentally Me said...

NSC - I imagine it is a good time. So many people and so much noise, it must be fun!

Ally - I think Nascar fans here have to be a little more discreet:-) You can't wear a Nascar jacket in public. They meet in quiet, dark bars and share their love of Nascar outside the prying eyes of a judging public...

Aaron - I wanna know if I used "skrinkering" right, not "brookem". Although, now that you bring it up, I could use the background on "brookem", too...lol

megabrooke said...

you did me proud my friend! excellent usage! ha, "brookem"... brooke is my middle name and m is my first initial...

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a great day! Oh, and I think you used skrinkering quite well. I'm still working on how to add it into one of my posts, but you gave me inspiration!

Douglas said...

You GOTTA go...i hope you don't sit up in a box or something...get down amongst the mullets...wear a halter top and have a good ole time.

racin' is MUCH better in person. Loudon is kinda a boring track, but you'll have fun.

Povosgirl said...

you gotta go. I've been to Loudon and it's fun. Nothing like seeing a race in Daytona, but a good time. It's a short track so there is lots of crashes most of the time. Will be lots of fun!!

The higher you sit the better, you can see everything!!

Jackson said...

Blah! I cross my fingers every sunday for he and his brother to wreck and get a dnf (did not finish).

I'm a huge Kasey Khane (#9 Bud) Fan! He's soooo cute!