Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Achoo!

I'm sick...I hate being sick. I am not super sick, but I am definitely getting a cold. I developed a bit of a sore throat while I was at Munchkin's soccer game yesterday, and then fell into bed and slept from about 9:30 until 7:00 this morning. I am definitely dragging today, but I am eating cough drops, drinking Vitamin Water and taking Tylenol Cold just to ward off the bugs...fingers crossed.

Not sure where this cold came from...can you catch a cold via Gchat? Laurwilk was sick last week...maybe that is how I got it:-D. She also tagged me to do a meme which I will get to at some point, I promise.

I was going to write about AIG, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Bear Stearns, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the like today, but I don't really have the energy. I was also going to write about how it interacts with the Presidential election, which I may still do. Long and short...all this does is allow for more misinformation and distortion of the debate around the economy. (By the way...Phil Gramm almost got crucified for his "mental recession" comment, which is interesting since he was 100% correct about it).

I am also guessing that neither candidate could sit down and articulate whether or not the Fed and the Treasury did the right thing in each of these cases, and what else they could or should have done and why. Heck, they can't even get past the word "bailout"...and since none of the shareholders that were "bailed out" ended up with anything on the backs of taxpayers, I have a hard time thinking that is the appropriate word.

Anyway, it is Wednesday, which means that the week is half over at lunch:-) And I need a nap!

7 comments:

laurwilk said...

Oh no! I am sorry you are sick. I'm not sure too many germs can get through on gchat, but if it was my fault, I am sorry!

Big bummer about Lehman Bros, Merrill Lynch, AIG, etc. Wall St. has been pretty somber this week!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you include the part where my old friends as Goldman outsmarted everyone. Again. And Again.

I'll buy lunch if it will make you feel better.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better, soon!

Still just me said...

We are all sick here too, runny noses, coughing, sore throats. I think the latest hurricane blew it in.;)

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

Oh man. Don't get me started on Wall Street. I want to throw up right now.

boohoo said...

Ahh we're all sick together. At least I'm not alone now ;)