Thursday, September 11, 2008

Considering that you have a cock, that skirt doesn't look half bad on you

I seem to have a bunch of new readers this week, including a couple who have read an enormous amount of the archives in a very short time. That is impressive...I tend to write a lot. Maybe not a "Free and Flawed" lot, but a lot nonetheless. So, to Amy, Lori S-C, Smilf from Wifezillas, Having It, Leetid and Kelly via email:-), all of whom are new readers (or at least new-ish commenters), welcome aboard, and thanks for stopping by! My need for attention is pretty well documented and you are all helping to fulfill that need!!!

How, in my recaps of trashy TV, have I neglected to mention the DUDE on America's Next Top Model?!?! That's right...a pre-op transgendered guy is on a show modeling women's clothing. He (She? If it is pre-op, why do they call her "she"? When you get rid of your junk, you are no longer a he) seems to be an excellent model, though. I haven't watched the last two episodes, so maybe he already got eliminated, I don't know...my guess is they would keep him around just to keep the intrigue up even if he sucked at modeling.

[Can anyone else not get through any discussion of models without thinking of Ben Stiller asking "Why male models?"]

Anyway, I feel like they pick uglier girls every year just for the sake of it. I loved when Jay said "She is so pretty pretty. I can't wait to make her ugly pretty and then model ugly ugly" or something like that. My other problem is that the show has to turn out a big name model soon or else it will simply lose its credibility (does it actually have any?). American Idol has proven its effectiveness by turning out some people who sold mountains of records...but are any of the ANTM girls really stars? I am sure they are all working models, but are any of them really "Top Models"? Heck, the most famous one is only famous for banging Peter Brady.

Oh, and a memo to the oft-criticized "media elites" or those that perpetuate "Hollywood's liberal bias"...go back and watch the scene in the first episode where the Mormon girl comes in and gets viciously belittled for having religious beliefs right before they fawn all of the confused cross-dressing anorexic gay guy and his braveness in being on the show. THAT is the "culture divide"...

Changing up...I think we are going to try and go to the beach this weekend. The weather is supposed to be OK, and it will likely be our last weekend down there (the house is in use for other things for the next 3-4 weeks, and then it will probably get closed up for the winter unless we get a real warm spell.) It will mean Munchkin missing her first soccer game, but I think she will be OK with that if the beach is involved...she will likely bring a couple friends, too.

So there you have it...I have some new readers, there is a dude on ANTM, and we are maybe headed for the beach. That is all the news that is fit to print around here today!

10 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

I can't lie...I cracked myself up with that title;-)

Anonymous said...

LMAO I love your blog. :)
The beach?! I am so jealous. I need to live near a beach. But no. I will be the one at the soccer game this Saturday. Likely in the rain. UGH

Our Happy Married Life... said...

thanks for the shout out on your blog! I'm still reading...I'm one of those loyal blog readers who likes to know it all when I find a new blog. Have fun at the beach this weekend-chicago has really been hit with fall so no sun/pool/beach for me this weekend!

do you think you have it? said...

you are the funniest. also, "what is this? a center for ANTS!?"
love that movie, love your posts, love the fact that you referenced a Mormon and that's an ironic part of my life right now... sort of.

HappyascanB said...

I LOVE your blog! I found it via Ally. . . decided I'd comment for the first time today since you gave a shout out to all the new readers and commenters. . . .

Anonymous said...

Hey I've cut back on posting.

Sort of.

Okay not really.

Damnit.

Woolly said...

I can't seem to be able to watch any of the so called reality TV shows... I dunno I guess I just prefer scripted drama!

boohoo said...

I'm not new but I still love ya ;)

I get really hooked on the Next Top Model programmes all the time. I'm watching the british one now. Bitching galore! But at least we don't have the awful Tyra on the UK version.

Stephanie said...

I really don't like the man on ANTM, for whatever reason haha. But you're right, no one seems to be really well-known after going on that show.

Anonymous said...

You are so right about the models getting uglier. I don't understand it. I get that anyone looks good in a pound of makeup but why do they keep picking people that are, well, cringeworthy?