Monday, September 15, 2008

Quick shots

Super quick, as I am between meetings and kinda busy today...

1) Today is Big Sis's first day at work:-) Everyone cheer, clap your hands and jump up and down and scream "Yay!" I am very excited about this:-)

2) Weekend was awesome. Weather was just kind of OK, but certainly good enough to enjoy the place...warm-ish, mostly cloudy, only an itty-bitty touch of rain. We had much fun at the beach, although now I am sad because that is likely the last beach weekend of the summer...:-(

3) Sarah Palin - Who thinks she didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was? That's not what I saw...what I saw was a reporter trying to tie her to George Bush and her not falling into his trap. She is quicker on her feet than maybe they were giving her credit for. But the "I can see Russia" comment was stupid.

Still, at this point the Democrats just haven't figured out what to do with her. She has totally dominated the news, and their public commentary, for a couple weeks now in a way that no VP candidate really ever has. To some extent, Obama is off the rails and he needs to get back on track. Remember, she is not running for President...you are running against the other guy...

4) I have a couple of readers and people who write blogs that I read in Houston (Billy, the OEN) or in Galveston (Erin). None of them have posted since the storm blew through...and I am just sending good wishes that everyone is OK. The reports from Texas are really horrifying, and the devastation seems to be extensive. Hopefully, none of them have posted simply because the power is out, and not for some more substantial reasons. Fingers crossed, and hopefully the good wishes of total strangers help...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Pain was quick on her feet as well and though the Doctine comment was kinda of low when he clearly wanted to nail her to the wall for know knowing what it was....

boohoo said...

The storms have been pretty bad over in America this last month, haven't they? I hope everyone pulls through this latest one.

Still just me said...

I have several friends in Houston, and yes, most of the city and surrounding areas are without power.

I am sure Billy and Erin will be back soon.

Douglas said...

Thanks for the Shout Out to the "3rd Coast"....I think survival is much akin to Darwinism...or at least Social Darwinism.

As for Palin. Make me laugh. She has less credibility than John Edwards....Her only asset is that she's cute in that relative box called politics and people are stupid and gobble up what the media feeds them.