Tuesday, September 09, 2008

When Did Gossip Get So Boring?

I have grown irritated with Gossip Girl...anyone else? The first two episodes of this season have been, well, "inane" comes to mind. Which I should probably expect, the show was hideously stupid last year, but it was at least interesting and sometimes funny. This year it has just been plain old stupid.

I feel like it has lost some of its darkness, and I think that is what made it interesting. Just having them say "The Hamptons" over and over again is really not that entertaining, and I really find myself not caring at all what happens to anyone on the show. I will give it a couple more weeks, but it is now on a pretty short leash...

On the plus side, the clothes have been much better:-) I loved Serena's dress last night...very summery.

So, an update on a previous story...I am totally the best matchmaker on Earth!!! Since the last update, BFFg and the as-yet-unnamed boy have continued to see each other, progressively more, and she now reports that he is officially a boyfriend. They spent most of the weekend together, and then eventually got into what Ally likes to refer to as a "DTR". The result? Smitten kittens all around:-).

She is super happy, which makes me happy...and I am totally taking credit for this one:-D. I should actually call him today, but I am a little leery because I don't quite know what the protocol on this sort of thing is. I suppose I should just ask Boss Foxy, who will almost certainly make me call him immediately...:-).

Now...about BFFb...we gotta get to work on him...If only I could get him to date someone for more than a month before he gets bored with her...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we watch it for the clothes.Tom wants to be dress like Chuck Bass.

Ally said...

Too bad you don't live down here; I could use a Matchmaker:)

Never seen Gossip Girl, but the title of the show alone makes me think it might be inane....

Anonymous said...

I need a matchmaker :( HA.

Anonymous said...

Gossip Girl is such a guilty pleasure for me. I was kind of bored last night as well. There was almost too much scandal in last night's episode if that is possible. The clothes however are FAB.

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

Oh I totally disagree. I think the show has really found it's groove. Of course, I'm a TV geek like you're a civics geek so I notice little things like JAY MCINERNEY (author of Bright Lights, Big City and former boyfriend of John Edwards's mistress Rielle Hunter)as Dan's boss/mentor. Come on, that's kinda clever. And yeah, I kind of love the clothes, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

You can't give up on it yet! Blair has the best one liners! =)

H said...

lol. I too LOVE GG. Probably a lot more than I should ever admit!
:)

Stephanie said...

You're right, it has been boring lately. I'm hoping something happens soooooon.