Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This and That

First, a couple of notes from the blogosphere...

Much juicy doings over at Brookem's place today...

And, drop by KT's and tell her that you blog-love her...she needs some e-hugs today.

I got some fierce defense of Gossip Girl yesterday, but I am still keeping that show on a short leash. The first couple episodes this year were really hideous, and if it doesn't improve in the next couple of weeks, I am going to have to look elsewhere for my horrible TV enjoyment!!!

So, I was chatting with Laurwilk the other day about a whole bunch of stuff, and we spent some time discussing my old high school boyfriend Sam, who I wrote about at great length a while back (like, and entire volume...start here and you can link to the first five posts.)

That reminded me that I hadn't talked to him in a while, so I called him, and he called me back last night. And we had a really nice chat. I feel like he is in a pretty good place in his life, and that makes me happy. I don't know that I would say things are remotely "normal", but I can feel comfortable talking to him now. I also feel better knowing that he sees BFFb and BFFg pretty regularly...the part of our whole situation that bothered me most was always the way that it sort of blew up what had been such a key part of our lives for so long.

I also cooked dinner last night, which I guess qualifies as our first "family meal". Munchkin was supposed to have a soccer game, but it got rained out, so we went to the store and I made dinner. Grilled salmon and asparagus and a lovely salad of greens, dried cranberries, goat cheese and some other stuff. I am so domesticated...:-)

So, let's see what else...Project Runway tonight! I don't really have a favorite yet...does anyone else?

8 comments:

Ally said...

Totally impressed by the first family meal. Nice work!

laurwilk said...

I agree with Ally. I am feeling like a slacker now! I MUST cook supper sometime this week!

Also, glad you talked to Sam!

H said...

Wednesday is not a good tv night, imo.

Monday is my favorite night -- there's Gossip Girl (of course), then One Tree Hill, then The Hills. They're all jammed into 1 night!!! Yikes!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

I just read most of your blog over the last 1.5 hrs or so. I must admit that I am in awe at your dedication to Munchkin. You have had a hard life and I admire you for that. Sorry to hear about the struggles in your life but it sounds like you are a pretty grounded gal and have a lot going for yourself. Go you! There is plenty more to read and I'm sure I will but thanks for sharing your story with the blog world and you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for doing all that you have for your little sister.

Lori S-C said...

Oh, project runway, my favorite! One vote for the mousy Leanne. I think she was just being a sleeper for the first episodes, but I think she will kick butt by the end. I do like the stuff Korto makes, very much. I'd wear them for sure... Kenley is annoying me with her laughing, I think Terri is mean, Suede will go home soon, and Blaine probably had a lobotomy a while ago. Or his brain fried from tanning.

Anonymous said...

you're very sweet. thank you.

boohoo said...

Domesticated you :)

(Just wanted to say I read through all five parts of the story cos I hadn't heard it before :) )

Lpeg said...

You are domesticated!

I agree with the GG - it is getting a bit ridiculous, and I hope they pick things back up before they ruin it.

I ended up reading all about Sam a few months back, and I am glad things are on 'good' terms with him now, and that he is in contact with BFFg and BFFb, and so happy about BFFg's man! :)