Thursday, February 22, 2007

Stuff

It is Friday, so you get some totally random thoughts...

We got a little itty bit of snow last night, which makes everything look beautiful. Something about waking up on a bright sunny day with a thin coating of white on the Common...really, really serene and peaceful.

SHR and Munchking hung out last night and let me get away for a couple hours with The Boy. An evening well spent. I think I might like him:-D

The Colbert Report talked about HPV and Cervical Cancer last night...weird timing (I think it was a re-run.) For the record, I think I am going to get the vaccine at the same time Munchkin does...I have to check that with my doctor. Nothing says sisterly bonding like vaccinations;-)

More TV news...who watches The Sarah Silverman Program? I love her - incredibly tasteless, but hilarious. What is a nice Jewish girl like that doing telling jokes like that?

Per a discussion I had with Ella yesterday, I really want a Swissie. I love big dogs...the bigger the better. Unfortunately, we live on the fourth and fifth floor, have no backyard and no one is home all day. So no dogs for us for a while, at least.

Papa Bear's dog is staying with us all weekend because he is away. Always fun!

I think I am getting a theology lesson from Ally today. She started yesterday, but I had to run and cut the discussion off short. So, as long as she has the time and patience, we can start to work through it. I am sort of anti-organized religion, but I do like to hear people talk about what resonates with the.

Aaron is leaving very suggestive messages on his IM..."snuggling > sleep deprivation." First, feel free to beat the proverbial crap out of him over his use of the word "snuggling". And second, I have missed a lot of sleep to be with a lot of people, and it was NEVER just because I thought someone was nice. Me thinks Aaron may be smitten...

BFFb got into some trouble...a guy in a bar said some nasty things to BFFg, and he didn't react well. I know you aren't supposed to punch people in public, and you really shouldn't break their nose just for saying nasty stuff, and that you should be the bigger person and just walk away, and yada yada yada. But deep down, I appreciate that he is so fiercely defensive of his girls:-) There is a reason that he is just about my favorite person in the world (well, top 5, at least).

Tinkerbelle painted me a picture in art class and sent it...super cute. I really enjoy talking to her Mom, we are kinda buddies. Weird to think that in a different universe, she could have been my step-mother...

Not a whole lot up for the weekend...SHR and I are gonna meet some friends for drinks tonight and see where the night goes from there. Big Sis and The Brain Surgeon are staying in, and Munchkin is gonna hang with them, so I am of the leash for a while. This is, of course, after her big date...

Basketball game tomorrow morning. Have you ever watched 11 year old girls basketball? There are not many baskets...lol. She has a birthday party to go to in the afternoon and evening. Then I think The Boy and I will just probably watch a movie or something...not real sure yet. Maybe we will sneak out for a drink or some dessert for a couple minutes. I don't like to leave Munchkin home alone for more than, say, an hour or so.

So, not a terribly exciting weekend, which is OK by me. They don't all have to be chock full o' fun (who am I kidding...I get to have my way with him all night long, it will be chock full o' fun).

26 days until spring...

5 comments:

Ally said...

Well I'll do the bet I can via gmail chat:)

And I think Aaron was smitten long ago (like the first e-mail:) But I'm still surprised to read he's snuggling with her already! Thankss for the blogosphere gossip run-down.

Anonymous said...

26 days? yay!

have a great weekend.

anne said...

Sarah Silverman is a riot. In the uncomfortable, did she just say that way. But so funny. I can't even imagine what it is like at her and Jimmy Kimmel's house.

Anonymous said...

I think this Aaron guy was smitten from the first date. But you aren't really interested in hearing about him snuggling. You're all holding out to read about the first kiss. :P

Accidentally Me said...

Ally - You did a pretty good job, even given the limits of IM;-)

Kate - Even though it has been a mild winter, I still can't wait for it to end!

e.b. - Where they tell the kids "Mommy is one of the chosen people, and Daddy thinks that Jesus is 'magic'"

Anon - Hey...it is really amazing how close "Anon" is to "Aaron"...just an observation;-)