Monday, April 16, 2007

Munchkin Nightingale

I feel much better today, mostly because the raging hangover is gone. The headache and stomach ache weren't really that bad, the embarrassment was a little worse. At least I didn't get naked in public (very few of my friends from college never saw me naked...whole other story...) I guess maybe I am maturing:-P

Munchkin was a super-nice nurse all day for her older sister:-) I spent most of the day in bed because I felt like shit, it was 35 degrees, windy and pouring rain outside, and I just couldn't think of a good reason to get up. I apologized to her for being a drunken boob on Saturday, and I felt better after that. She said she was a little confused, but Big Sis explained to her that I was maybe a little bit hindered, and then she thought it was kinda funny. I never drink nearly that much around her...(nor should I do it around anyone, ever...)

She made her own lunch, and mine (saltines...lol) and then came in and curled up in bed with me all afternoon. The Cubs were on, so she watched that, and then she read a book for a while. I took a couple of naps:-) She also got me water and aspirin and stuff because she is such a good little care-taker. She explained that I always have to be Mom, so it is OK for her to be Mom once in a while...that is actually kind of profound now that I think about it...

Then we put on our bathing suits and fired up the jacuzzi, which was heaven! She is such a good kid:-)

No school for her today...it is Patriots Day, which is a Massachusetts state quasi-holiday that purports to commemorate the battles of Lexington and Concord. In reality, it is a state holiday commonly referred to as "Marathon Monday", which includes a 26 mile long keg party and an early morning Red Sox game.

And yes, it is a foul day to be running a marathon...cold, windy and pouring rain. I think the rain is supposed to let up a bit, and the temperature is going to rise into the 50's...which just leaves the runners to deal with a 30 MPH headwind. Good luck with that... They still seem to think they are going to play the baseball game, too, but I will believe that when I see it.

So Munchkin has the day off and is at her friend's house for the day. This friend is actually the daughter of Smoking Hot Roommate's cousin...they are in the same class at school and drive all the little boys crazy:-P

And only like two people answered my "Say Hi," request...quit being so shy!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are so lucky to have eachother.

Whine Girl said...

awwww...

does Munchkin call you Mom or Sis?

Accidentally Me said...

Kate - I sure am lucky to have her:-) She rules!!!

Jordan - She calls me by my name. She sometimes refers to me as Mom in the context of like "You and the other school Moms", but she never calls me anything but my name. I however, refer to her as Munchkin at least as often as I call her by name...lol

megabrooke said...

munchkin to the rescue... that's really sweet.

yay for freakin marathon monday and working for the state! :)

ella said...

What kind of crazy holiday is that? I hope the weather lets up....definitely stay in bed all day weather.

Accidentally Me said...

Brookem - Boo for not working for the state!!!

Ella - How un-American of you;-) This, the greatest Nation in the history of the world, was founded out of the idealist glimmer in the eyes of those brave revolutionaries. They stared down the fiercest army the world had ever seen with only limited resourcs and against nearly insurmountable obstacles, and emerged as the founders of this beacon of hope and freedom that has lit the world for two centuries. Least we can do is give them one day a year!!!

Oh, also...hang out at BC and get wasted!!!

Accidentally Me said...

Aaron, I already know who you are:-P But thanks for checking in;-)

Kimberly said...

I found you through others' blogs as well but haven't said hi yet either. So hi! It sounds like you have a really sweet sister. It's nice to have someone play "mom" for you when you're sick. I always wanted my mom to at least send me brownies or something when I was in college and would call to tell her I was sick, or at least say she was sorry I felt bad, but she would just say "Go to the infirmary." Hope you are feeling better!

Douglas said...

How did Teddy Roosevelt manage to make it on Mt. Rushmore? He's the "which one is not like the other" character.

copasetic fish said...

yeah, i know i'm a notorious lurker. but i figured since you left me a note, i could at least return the favor :-) by the way, the brownies were actually what drove me out of the house. i have a strong anti-marijuana policy and it just wasn't happening.

GreenLineBoy said...

Sorry I didn't make it to the Beer Summit. I'd have no problem asking about the stomach tattoo. Because it concerns me a little. The image I have of a stomach tattoo something like one that says "Food goes in here." Hopefully that's not the case.

Is there a story behind it?

Accidentally Me said...

Kimberly - She is a total sweetie and the easiest kid in the world to take care of. I already get yelled at for rambling on about how perfect she is, so I should stop now...

Billy - I think you are selling TR a little bit short... He completely re-shaped the role of the President from the weak, innefectual Laisez-Faire executive of the late 19th century into the policy-making, activist leader of the 20th century. He also won the Nobel Peace prize and founded the modern environmentalist movement.

Add "Theodore Rex" to your reading list if you get a chance.

Copasetic Fish - I guess I can't argue with a "No Pot" stance...seems fair enough.

GLB - I have the same "Thug Life" tattoo that Tupac had. Kidding...it's a little bird. And yes there is a story.

Douglas said...

Blah, blah, blah...on TR....he's on the mountain with Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson. He's not worthy of that company.

Accidentally Me said...

Billy - I look forward to your essay on why Thomas Jeferson was a significantly more effective and accomplished President than was Theodore Roosevelt...;-)