Sunday, April 22, 2007

Finally, my "Weird Twins" story

So, I left that great teaser at the end of yesterday's post, and nobody bit! Like 30 readers read the post (not counting people who saw it in Google Reader or some other thing like it) and I couldn't get anyone to take the bait. Man, I am seriously losing my touch! Anyway...I will get to that in a minute.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. The weather was absolutely spectacular...70+ degrees, sunny, beautiful breeze...the best day so far this year by FAR. It was actually kind of a big party. Over the course of the day, there were probably more than 100 people in and out, including lots of The Boy's family and a lot of his parent's friends. His family is HUGE, so I lose track of who is who, and even who belongs in what generation...his great-grandmother (104?) is still alive and in reasonably good health, so there can be five generations of his mother's family in one place at a single time...

His grandmother (82) is absolutely hilarious. She is still really active, lives by herself, travels...and has a GREAT wardrobe. Seriously...I would wear like half of her clothes. My highlight of yesterday was her telling me "I don't want to make any assumptions, but you two will have beautiful children." The Boy and his Mom were both there at the time and were absolutely mortified...but I thought it was really cute;-)

We ended up staying later than expected, and suddenly it was like 9:00, and we were all exhausted and neither The Boy or I really felt like driving home, so we stayed out there last night. I'm not allowed to sleep in the same room as him when we stay at his parents' house :-P (his father is adorable "My house, my rules, no sleeping together before you are married!") so I got to shack up with Munchkin in a guest room. I will never complain about that:-)

And yes, we totally got to sneak off to the den after everyone went to bed for some really quick, really quiet, forbidden sex;-) It was just like being 16 again...sneaking around after parents are in bed to fool around. It was actually kinda hot...lol.

So, the big announcement is that The Boy's twin sister is pregnant, and she told everyone yesterday. I am really happy for her and for her wife, because they are just the sweetest people, and they are incredibly excited, I think they will be great parents, and because she is The Boy's favorite person on earth. What makes her happy makes him happy, and that makes me happy:-)

I have been dying to tell this for like two and a half months (I referenced it in this post from January) because it is just such a weird story. If we go back to when they got married last summer, they both said that they would probably think about kids in a couple of years, and never amended that statement. Now, obviously, when two women are involved...it requires some planning to actually get pregnant. There are no "birth control accidents"...

Sometime during the winter, they changed their minds, and decided that they wanted to start trying sooner rather than later. They heard some stories about people who had a terrible time with fertility treatments, and wanted to give themselves plenty of time to try. Their first attempt was just after New Year's, and they sort of expected to have to try more than once...and they didn't tell anyone else that they had begun.

Well, one random Friday night we were out and met up with his sister for like 10 minutes. Literally, she dropped into the place we were on her way from one spot to another just to say Hi, and was in the room for no more than 10 minutes. Well, when The Boy and I were walking home later that night, he said "I think my sister is pregnant," which came totally out of left field. He didn't have an explanation other than just he kinda thought so.

Well, one week later, we were going out to dinner and she came by his apartment ahead of time. There, she and her wife told The Boy, Munchkin and I that she was in fact pregnant (we were sworn to secrecy). Here's the thing...she went on to say "We had our first try, and then I went in for a follow-up Wednesday and found out that the first attempt took."

Which means that The Boy knew she was pregnant BEFORE SHE DID! He said so on Friday, she didn't find out until the next Wednesday. He didn't even know that they were trying, but somehow just looked at her one night and figured out that she was pregnant. Cue the Twilight Zone Theme...

This is what I am dealing with here, people...it is MUCH more powerful than you and I can imagine. Are other twins like this? It kinda freaks me out...

Anyway, that is kind of a lot for a Sunday. The weather is beautiful again, so we are gonna go walk around, do some more pretend house shopping, get some lunch later on and just enjoy the city. Today is a GREAT day to be a city kid;-) Smoking Hot Roommate should be home soon, and once she gets here we can go...

Ta ta!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Boy's sister! You will be an auntie, (sorta)! But it is very freaky about the sixth sense thing. However, if you ever have to know something about the Boy, chances are his twin will know the answer.

Still just me said...

Great news for the sister!

I know a set of twins, and they are like that too.

Have a great Sunday.

Accidentally Me said...

Nicole - I have definitely used that trick a couple of times...there is never any doubt what he is thinking...

SJM - I was starting to worry that maybe they were alien babies:-)

Aaron said...

Nobody said anything because we knew you'd spill it soon enough.

ella said...

FYI - I link to you through google reader...