Monday, April 09, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

Stupid work is cropping up this week...can you believe that shit? Since when is simply being incredibly adorable not reason enough to be overpaid? Now they want me to actually do stuff...where's the humanity!!!

Easter was fun:-) We had a really nice brunch and the brought Munchkin's brother and his girlfriend back to the airport. Usually when they visit there is intentionally less of an "itinerary" so that they can just sort of hang out, but there was a lot going on this weekend. That's OK, though, they got to spend some time with people that are very big part's of Munchkin's life, which was good. And we are gonna be out there in a month or so (I gotta see my Tinkerbelle:-)) for a more regular visit.

Munchkin came to The Boy's parents' house for dinner, which was nice. There were a whole bunch of people at the house, but I ended up talking to The Boy's father for like three hours about all kinds of stuff. Not intentionally, we just got to chatting... He is really nice, as is The Boy's Mom. They are really sweet people, and they are nice to Munchkin, which is really like 80% of what is required for me to like someone:-)

Munchkin totally crashed right after dinner...it was a busy weekend for her, and she just ran out of gas. Possibly my favorite "daughter" thing about her is that she never fights being tired. When she is tired, she just goes to sleep. A lot of kids would get irritable and cranky and be pains in the ass, but she just finds a quite room and takes a nap. Hungry is a whole other story...she can be a little bitch when her blood sugar gets low...;-)

That's really about all. I have to travel a bit this week, which sucks...possibly tonight until Thursday, but more likely just tomorrow night. It is still kind of up in the air...

Back to work everyone...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds lovely. i'm glad y'all had a good easter.

Povosgirl said...

Make it be a really nice day tomorrow in Boston so I don't freeze my ass off at Opening Day. I will have to bundle up and drink lots or beer to get warm and that's not good cause then I gotta get on the T and go to Newton to drive all the way home. So make it warm...OK?!?!?!?!?

Aaron said...

Travel?!

Business before pleasure? What?

anne said...

Seriously though who doesn't get cranky when they are hungry? I know I do!