Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Produce Department Can Be Fun!

(Quick note...unrelated Gram Parsons references from me and Billy on consecutive days...how weird is that? At least I spelled his name right:-P)

One of the many things I love about my little sister is that she can have fun anywhere, and she makes everything fun. Bring her to the Dentist and she is likely to come back raving about how nice the helper-ladies are, and how shiny the tools are, and isn't it neat that she got a new toothbrush...

The Boy came over after work last night, and I decided to cook dinner. That meant that we had to go to the store to get some stuff, so when I picked her up at school, we went to the store. By the time we left, my stomach hurt from laughing and I was giggling uncontrollably. Everything she does is funny. Seriously, she walked into the produce department, held up a grapefruit and a smaller orange in front of her chest and said "Which size do you think will look better on me?".

Then we were at the fish counter, and she noticed a whole fish (like a red snapper or something...one of the fish that they sell with the head still on.) She looked at it and said "Be quiet, he is sleeping," and then asked the guy behind the counter if he knew what the fish's name had been. And she just randomly stops and talks to people, which I guess is probably not the safest habit in the world, but I don't want to try and muffle her personality either. So anyway, that's another reason my little Munchkin rules: she makes grocery shopping fun.

Big Sis is bringing her to an event at the Museum of Fine Arts on Saturday as her date, since the Brain Surgeon is working. Munchkin gets to get all dressed up and act like a big girl (Big Sis could well end up being the second youngest person there...) and Big Sis gets to listen to her crack jokes about the paintings for a couple hours. And I get free babysitting:-D Win-Win-Win!

Dinner turned out really good! I made salmon and asparagus and salad and it was super yummy. And Sanjaya lives another week!!! My world is complete...

5 comments:

Still just me said...

Logan and I had so much fun at the Sonic drive through when we went for milkshakes.

She asked for a Diet Water, in a funny accent. Sonic was so confused.

Aaron said...

You're both clearly disturbed.

I can't wait for her to start blogging! :P

Anonymous said...

there's something to be said for that i guess. lol.

Douglas said...

thanks for the publicity and pointing out i misspelled his "name". i'm kinda shocked you are a GP fan.

Whine Girl said...

.. you should've picked up a couple of grapes and held them up and told her.. "nope, this is all I'm going to allow you to have for another 10 years.."