Thursday, March 15, 2007

70 Yesterday, 35 Tomorrow...

The nice weather led to a little cookout last night, which was really fun. Smoking Hot Roommate has been a super-awesome big sister this week and picked Munchkin up at school everyday...being away from the office means that I haven't been able to get there to pick her up at 5:00 every day. Honestly, she could walk and be fine, but that scares me just a little bit too much for now. It is only about a quarter of a mile, and it is a very public, very safe area...but it's a big city and I worry. In a pinch she could walk and I would make her talk to me on the phone the whole way...lol.

Anyway, they decided to get some stuff at the store and fire up the grill last night. When I walked in the door, they were just taking stuff off the grill...how is that for timing? They made chicken and steak and cheeseburgers...mmm.

Big Sis and The Brain Surgeon came over, as did The Rocket Scientist and his roommate. The Boy was a little tied up with work, but he came over a little later and ended up staying over. The stock market did NOT ruin my sex life last night;-) Good thing, too...another couple of days of getting cock-blocked and I was gonna fire bomb that place... (yes, Department of Homeland Security, that is a JOKE!!! Ha ha!!!)

I have an update on a kind-of ongoing story about living arrangements. To recap, when we moved here after school, we moved into a great 3 bedroom condo right near Boston Common. We lived there for a little over a year, and then SHR bought a new condo within a couple blocks of the old one. The new one is bigger (about twice the size) and somewhat more...um...I don't really know the word...I guess is is more "grand" if that makes sense. Meanwhile, she still owns the old condo, and her fiance (The Rocket Scientist) lives there with one roommate.

The simple version is that she didn't want to move in with him yet...she is gonna get mad at me for saying so, but the reason is that her mother would have disapproved if she were still alive. At least that is part of the reason (little back-up on that, Big Sis?) Smoking Hot Roommate doesn't do much without a plan, and she always looks out for me:-) so she had a long-range idea. The plan was that, when she felt more comfortable, The Rocket Scientist would essentially switch places with me and Munchkin.

So, he will move into the newer place with her, and Munchkin and I will move back to the old apartment. Eventually I would love to buy that place from Smoking Hot Roommate, but we can worry about that another time. I actually almost like the old place better than the new one...it is a little less impressive, but I think it is a bit cozier. I dunno...maybe because it was the first home I was ever really happy in, I will have to ask my therapist...hee hee.

Anyway...this has been a long, roundabout way of getting to the point. The point is that SHR told me last night that she thinks she would like to make the switch on or around next New Year's. That isn't really set in stone, but it is the first time she has put a firm timetable on it. Obviously, other than giving The Rocket Scientist's roommate enough heads-up so that he can find a new apartment, everyone involved is on a pretty flexible moving schedule.

So, that is on the horizon now, we will be moving sometime near the end of the year or thereabouts. Obviously, that gets to the next question about The Boy moving in, but I am not getting into that just yet.

I guess that was a lot of verbiage to get to "I am moving three blocks away in the next year,"...whatever, I can't be that creative when my mind is on the beach!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i was kind of hoping the "living arrangements" story *would* be about moving in with the boy!

Accidentally Me said...

Cat - Nah, I am not ready to commit to that just yet. It's not out of the question that it would happen at the same time, but no plans for that just yet.

Whine Girl said...

take your time baby.. do it when it's right, or feels right anyway.

you have the best smoking hot roommate friend ever...

ella said...

I think it will be nice for you and Munchkin to live on your own for a while. I am glad SHR gave you time to plan!

Anonymous said...

ooh nice! sounds awesome.

and you sure know a lot of high class peeps.

Aaron said...

What Kate said.

If you can't beat'em, join'em. ;)

Still just me said...

Oh, exciting move with plenty of time to plan. I really wish I could move, get a new place, just so I could plan to re-decorate!

Accidentally Me said...

Jordan - The whole "feeling right" thing is a bit complicated. Right for me doesn't mean right for the little one. And yes, I do have the best SHR friend ever:-D

Ella - Actually, I am really looking forward to that. I have never lived alone with her before.

Kate - I know some really nice peeps:-) And Easter is coming...Peep season!

Aaron - Not sure I follow...

SJM - Decorating will be kinda fun. I am not sure what furniture and stuff I will need...there is a lot there already that will stay.