Sunday, March 25, 2007

Home sweet home

We are all home safely, soundly and tanned! We landed at about 7:00 last night, dropped Munchkin's friends off and got home at about 8:00. Some friends were out to watch the basketball game, so Smoking Hot Roommate, The Rocket Scientist, The Boy, Munchkin and I went over to where they were for dinner and to see them. Munchkin was close to falling asleep in the restaurant at about 9:00, so The Boy and I took her home and got her to bed.

She is really cute. On Friday night she asked me if we could get up really early and go for a walk on the beach, just the two of us. I told her 'sure', figuring that she wouldn't get up in time, but willing to go if she did. Sure enough, at about 6:45 she was shaking me awake and we walked WAY down the beach and back. She had a lot to say...she is a funny kid:-)

All in all, it was a great vacation! The weather was fantastic, the place we stayed was gorgeous, we got in some fun stuff and some cultural stuff (we went to the Mayan Ruins, which were really cool!) We also ate a lot, drank a lot and got lots of sun. A pretty good week!

I will have more tomorrow when I get back to regular daily blogging. But now I have a bunch of Mom stuff to do, so I will have to leave that for another time;-)

5 comments:

Still just me said...

It sounds like you really had a good time. I am so jealous.

j;ljk said...

Glad to hear you're back safe! And I'm still jealous about what sounds like an amazing vacation!

ella said...

You are the coolest mom ever! Sounds like you had a fab time in Mexico. I am jealous. :p

Aaron said...

Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

sounds fantastic. glad you had a lovely time.