Monday, March 05, 2007

Spa Day

For some reason, some of the dates on my posts are really off...anyone know why? The last two posts have dates that are like almost a full day before I actually wrote them. Can I change the times? Not that it really matters...mostly I just want the right dates going forward.

It was a really nice weekend around here, the weather was beautiful (for March). Smoking Hot Roommate was away all last week working, and came home Sunday morning. Her first words after she came through the door were "I'm exhausted, lets go get massages." You don't have to tell me that twice...

So we had some spa time, which is always a treat. I can't say that I was terribly stressed out before that, but I certainly was not when I left.

Speaking of massages, there is a CPA firm in the building downstairs from us that we refer a lot of work to. Well, at this time of year (tax season) CPAs work enormous hours under really important deadlines. One of the ways they deal with that is by bringing in a masseuse to give 15 minute chair massages to people to relax them. Since they are always trying to be nice to us, they have unofficially invited us to make use of their masseuse when she has some down time.

I gotta say...this is a corporate perk that more places should make use of. It is absolute heaven...15 minutes and you feel completely rested and recharged. I've done it twice so far, and hopefully a couple more before they take it away in April. It is not quite the same as laying down and getting an hour long rub down with warm scented oils, but it is a really great break during the day.

I may have a really busy week, and I may have to do some traveling, but I don't know for sure yet. I would rather not go anywhere, but I may need to...ahh well...I guess they do pay me to do something, after all.

Our Mexico delegation may be growing...so far it is me, The Boy, SHR, The Rocket Scientist, Big Sis, The Brain Surgeon, Munchkin and two of her friends. But Papa Bear may have some time off that he didn't expect, so he may come for all or part of it...and The Boy's sister may come, too, depending on whether or not she and her wife can get the time off at the same time. Anyone else wanna come? The more the merrier!!!

5 comments:

anne said...

1. There is a way to change the time and date in your blogger profile. Lemme know if you need help

2. A case came up on appeal here where an attorney (yes an attorney) died after undergoing a corporate massage, offered by his employer. He had a stroke as a result. Question was whether it was a work accident. Don't you love living in America?

Accidentally Me said...

e.b. - 1) The problem is inconsistency...sometimes the date is right, and sometimes it isn't.

2) What kind of massage was it exactly:-D

Accidentally Me said...

Ahh...got it fixed.

anne said...

Ha! It was supposedly a chair massage. But the guy died like an hour later....actually my boyfriend's office, an accounting firm, also offers these massages. Does anyone not learn lessons?!?!?!

Accidentally Me said...

A poisoned chair massage? Hmmm...

The people downstairs are an accounting firm. They sort of live there this time of year...