Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm not as cool anymore:-(

There is a really solid Bev-Niner reference over at Ally's place today. I still maintain that the greatest thing anyone ever said on that show was when Steve Sanders described The Flaming Lips by saying "I'm not really into alternative, but these guys rock the house!"

Turns out that Steve Sanders is not a bad dancer. And his cameo with David Silver in Domino as themselves was really good stuff... And Keira Knightley would be hotter if she just had a sandwich now and again (OK, if that is not a record for stream of conscious links in one blog, I dunno what is.)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...I had a bit of a sad-Mom "baby is growing up" moment yesterday. I assume it will be the first of many.

As I have written extensively (and been scolded for a few times) I take Munchkin "out" with me a lot. Like, to bars. I was going to write a defense of it, but that post does it pretty well...much better than I am ready to do now. [That is a weird by-product of blogging, you can go back and see things you wrote and think "Gee, I really said that well..." And for the 50th time, at least, go read "My Favorite Post", especially if you have daughters!!!]

Anyway, I am meeting some friends after work tonight for a couple drinks, and I asked Munchkin yesterday if she wanted to go. Usually she gets very excited by the idea of hanging out with the big girls and acting grown-up. Because of that, I was a little surprised when she said "No, I meant to ask you if I could sleep over at Best Friend's house."

And I kinda got sad for a second...lol. My baby sister doesn't want to hang out with me:-( And yes, I realize that this is a normal and healthy part of growing up and that it is good for her, and for me, for her to be a normal girl of her age. But that doesn't mean that I can't get a little sad when she first blows me off to hang out with her friends;-)

Not much else going on this weekend. Going out with The Boy tomorrow night, not sure if we have any specific plans just yet. I do know that I have only seen him for a few minutes a couple times this week, and I have the serious urge to do some really dirty naked things to him. I trust he is feeling much the same way;-) Maybe he can spend some time re-examining my tattoos...

Hopefully we can do some more pretend condo shopping on Sunday...I like that:-) Anyone have anything interesting going on this weekend?

12 comments:

Ally said...

I totally agree about Kiera Knightley and would suggest that almost all other female actresses eat a few hundred sandwiches.

As for my weekend, I'm going to a spend the night birthday party:)

anne said...

Grr moving. Not exciting - but necessary. Enjoy yours! And I agree with the awesome nine-oh reference.

Anonymous said...

Munchkin told me that she only wants to hang out with people that are at least as tall as her. I guess you are just out of luck on that.

Accidentally Me said...

That's just plain mean...

Whatever, you're 30:-P

notbubbly said...

hi from SF. you've probably noticed me reading for the last few days. i am all caught up and kinda bummed to be done, but thank goodness you keep adding more so this book isn't ever finished! life can get boring behind my desk! thanks for the entertainment!

Accidentally Me said...

Jennifer - Welcome:-) Did you really read all 177 posts in a couple days? Your boss must love me!!!

Anonymous said...

you take your munchkin to the bars? lol. well if i didn't think you were a girl with a good head on her shoulders, than i would scold. but sounds like you're doing a good job of being surrogate mom.

can't stand kiera knightly. i don't think she's cute whatsoever.

no plans really. just gonna try to get some boy action. hopefully. lol.

Povosgirl said...

Going to celebrate my birthday and the boy's birthday tonight with friends. Going to SoNo (that would be South Norwalk, CT) to see the best coverband ever, The ZOO. The won MTV's voerband of the year award like 4 years in a row or something.

ella said...

Domino was rad. And I absolutely loved Steve Sanders and David Silver on it.

I saw the Flaming Lips last summer. It was the weirdest thing ever. Did you know that people get all dressed up as furry animals to go to their concerts?

Accidentally Me said...

Kate - Yea, I take her all the time:-) She loves it! Never at a time when there are that many people there...I don't take her out hardcore

Povosgirl - Happy Birthday:-) And Happy Birthday to him, too:-)

Ella - Like Plushies and Furries? That was a great CSI Episode. And, how could I mention David Silver and leave out "Am I precious to you?"

Still just me said...

Nothing this weekend but work- 3 days of 12 hour shifts. Work, work, work.

Aaron said...

The Actress and I did the date thing last night. Dinner at a nice restaurant and watched Blades of Glory (hysterical!). Alas, no pics of the evening. oops.

Got the day off today so I'm done destroying my yard.

Church tomorrow and hanging out with the family.

Have a good weekend!