Wednesday, August 08, 2007

More on Harry

I went to see Harry Potter #5 last night, which was pretty good. It was as good as could be, I guess...the book was the weakest of the seven, I thought, and also the longest. That made for a tough movie, but they did a pretty good job with it. Also, Harry is now downright hot...I would totally have a threesome with him and Hermione:-) Hee Hee!!!

I have to cop to being kind of a child about it. I sort of figured that I would go and see it with Munchkin, since I have seen most of the rest of them with her. But she and her brother went to see it right after it came out last week. And yes, I was kinda jealous when I found out (I know it's stupid, you don't have to tell me.) I feel like a divorced parent fighting over the affection of her kids...lol.

So I had a mini-tantrum and decided to go and see it without her, even though she wanted to go again with me. I know, I know...awful of me. But we are still gonna go see it again together. In her stead, I went with The Boy's Mom:-) We had a date since The Boy's Dad didn't want to see it. That was kinda fun, too...we had dinner first and then went to the movie. I like his Mom a lot, and I like having the chance to hang out with her.

Random note: You know that song "Umbrella" by Rihanna? What the fuck is with putting an extra syllable in "um-ber-ell-a"? Seriously, it is not that hard to think of a one syllable word that makes that song sound so much better. That really irritates me and ruins what could have been a good song.

Anyway, I went for a week-after checkup this morning, and everything is A-OK. Stitches are out, everything looks good and I am hopefully done with this forever. The muscles are a tad sore still, but it gets better all the time:-) Munchkin's brother is around until Monday morning, and then I am back to being Mom all the time...Munchkin has been "out of my hands" most of the summer, and honestly I am kind of looking forward to having her back again:-)

She starts school in four weeks...man, summer goes by fast!

3 comments:

j;ljk said...

ahh i haven't read your blog in forever!! i'm going to catch up soon..i can't believe you think that the harry potter #5 is the weakest book out of the series, it's my favorite! Sad to hear about your stiches? I better read and see what happened! ps, i was socalsweetie

boohoo said...

Quite a lot of people have said how they couldn't fit a lot of book5 into the film but from what I remembered of it the entire book was in there (obviously not every line spoken, or every scene but the essence of it). I thought it was really scary, didn't you? As a child, I would have had some sleepless nights over the dementors ;)

I'm glad you're on the mend, by the way :) Have fun shopping for those Back-To-School essentials, I'm sure it'll be time for that soon, right?

Accidentally Me said...

Welcome back, So Cal:-) Is there a new blog on the way? I hope so! I had a little bit of surgery two weeks ago, you can read all about it:-)

Ys - They were scary! And the whole movie was very dark (which the book was, too). They didn't cut anything really major out, just a lot of details.

And yes, it is just about that time!