Friday, August 24, 2007

Friay Questions

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I was busy in the morning and then I just didn't feel like it in the afternoon:-P Don't worry, though, pretty soon I will go back to posting everyday, including weekends, so you can get 40% more of me every week...what a treat!

I have a couple of "Fun Friday" things today which should allow everyone who wants to a chance to chime in over the weekend. A couple are based on an IM conversation the other day with a new chat buddy who shall remain nameless for the time being. And the third is, well...you'll see.

1) This person was looking for a little bit of advice. She has been in a relationship for a while now (longer than six months, less than 2 years...) and is having trouble maintaining her appetite for sex. She reports that the sex is always good, she always orgasms, and whenever they finish she thinks about how much they should do that much more often. But still, she has a terrible timing getting into the mood to actually do it. I have some of my own thoughts that I gave her, but I am opening it up to the floor...how does everyone keep their sex lives new, exciting and interesting when you get into the routine of a relationship?

2) What do you think about during sex? Your partner, past partners, celebrities, fantasies...whatever? Most people probably think of different things at different times, I assume.

3) How old do you think a little girl should be before she is allowed to walk to school by herself? With one or two friends? Imagine she lives about a quarter or a mile from school, lives in a big city and her commute would consist of walking down Park Street in Boston...lol. Also, assume she is very responsible and all that stuff...

OK, have fun with those...I will give my own thoughts and comment on everyone else's on Monday:-) Hope everyone has a good weekend...we are all headed to the beach again:-)

9 comments:

Still just me said...

Logan wants to walk to school as well, and I still won't let her. It is only about a mile away, and we live in a rural community. My gut tells me it isn't safe. I could just be overproctective, but for her, I feel she is still too young.

There is just too much going on with buses, other cars going to work, and the racial battles that are going on in this small community.

Anonymous said...

I think I was 8 or 9 when I walked to school with my little brother. We were in a neighborhood though. Is that a busy area in Boston? I would be worried...be a few years older.

anne said...

I am ignorning the first two right now - but as for 3 I think a 12 year old is perfectly capable of walking herself to school, especially under the factual scenario you proposed.

OC said...

So I'll be the first to tackle the sex questions (because I'm such an expert... cough... cough). I found that when I was with The Ex, what would help get me in the mood was to make it a point to think about it all day. At work, think about what I was going to do when I got home. You can be as creative, as dirty, as clean, as you want... but get it in your head and then you'll want to do it.

I'm kind of a planner type, so without actually writing "have sex tonight" on my desk calendar, that worked for me.

Ok, someone else now...

boohoo said...

Okay this is what I think...

1. getting bored of sex when in a relationship for under two years seems a bit alien to me, but that's probably cos I have a high sex drive. Hmm... I guess I'd suggest being more spontaneous, not have, like, a set time for sex, if the couple do. Other wise... I don't know what else to be honest...

2. 9 times out of 10 I'm thinking how good it feels.

3. I started walking to school on my own when I was about 8 but those were in the days before everyone was a child-napper, or before it was in the news as often, I think. I wouldn't let my younger sister walk to the bus stop alone until she reached twelve. I doubt I'd have let her walk to school alone but that's cos I expect the worst to happen.

Anonymous said...

1.) I think about sex a lot :) you know, to get me in the mood for it. It really does help fantasizing about it beforehand!

2.) Sometimes I pretend I'm having a one-night stand or that I just met him. Other times I'll pretend he's his celebrity look-alike. I got to fantasize Brad Pitt for two years ;)

3.) I think it's ok, as long as she has friends to walk with her!

Airam said...

What I think of during sex? I hope he doesn't cum before me.

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

1. If she is getting bored it sounds like maybe she is afraid to ask for what she wants/likes. She should go for it! What does she have to lose?

2. I think about either: How much fun I'm having or (depending on how long it's lasting)--I'm tired!

3. I think if she is mature and she is with a couple of other people than she's old enough to walk. I actually think a bigger city is SAFER than a small town/rural area but maybe b/c I'm such a city girl. ;-)

Aaron said...

Am I the only person that thinks this should have been two, seperate blogs?