Monday, August 06, 2007

Back in the swing

My last week involved very little blogging, lots of pain, lots of Vicodin (those last two in alternating cycles), a lot of sleep and a whole lot of people pampering me:-) The last part was really nice!!!

Now, however, I am back to my regular self, mostly. I have stopped taking the painkillers, although I did take a Tylenol this morning because my chest hurt. And yesterday I started to get a little stir crazy, so I knew that I was ready to get back into the swing of things. That means regular blog reading, which I fell woefully behind on, but did mostly catch up (although I didn't leave any comments, I was in a rush!!!)

To recap, the surgery turned out to be more involved than it was planned, so I was out of commission for longer than expected. The good news is that both cysts were removed, and neither was at all harmful (at least not in the 'Big C' kind of way). The recovery has been good, too...no infections, no complications, just some pain. The Boy and Smoking Hot Roommate get extra special points for being very good and devoted nurses for me:-)

I got a lot of flowers:-) Everyone who knows me knows that I am kind of a sucker for flowers, and some very nice people sent me some...in addition to The Boy. I got a really nice bouquet of Lilies from the school parents, which was super sweet of them, and both my mother's family and father's family sent me flowers, too. It is nice to be thought of:-) The old lady next door baked me cookies and banana bread (can someone please make the appropriate Simpsons' joke?). Boss Foxy brought me flowers when she came over to visit, and I had a nice big bunch of them sitting on my desk this morning when I got back from the office.

Munchkin is back, sort of:-) She and her brother and his girlfriend got in on Saturday morning, and they are staying for the week. I went to the beach Friday night, and left them my car (I borrowed Big Sis'...vroom vroom!!!) so that they could drive down when they got in. For some reason, however, the traffic at the bridges was horrible on Saturday, so I told them they would be better off staying in Boston for the day and coming down sometime in the later afternoon [Local lesson...there is a canal that separates Cape Cod from the rest of the state. There are two bridges that cross the canal, and the traffic in the summertime can sometimes be really bad, especially on Saturdays, and especially if there is an accident on or near one of them.]

So they got there Saturday night, and are staying at the beach all week, which should be fun for all. I feel like I have barely seen Munchkin all summer...she has been at the beach a LOT with other people, and I definitely miss seeing her everyday. But at the same time, it is sort of nice to have the break, and she is happier down there in the summer anyway.

Oh, and the announcement is that Munchkin's brother and his girlfriend are getting married. That in itself is not news...they told Munchkin and I this a while back, but it was sort of a secret. They have now told their families, and are planning a very small wedding sometime this winter of spring. The real announcement is that Munchkin is going to be the maid of honor, which I think is really sweet. It is going to be a very small wedding, and the girlfriend's brother is going to be the best man, and Munchkin is going to be the maid of honor, and that will be it for the wedding party. Needless to say, Munchkin is pretty excited about that;-) (Also...is there a record for being in the most weddings before age 13? She is piling them up fast, and is in another one next summer, too).

Ok, that is enough for today...I have to get to work! Tomorrow: Harry Potter, although I won't give anything away. I am, however, willing to discuss at length via email or IM...

8 comments:

boohoo said...

Aww I'm glad you're feeling so much better. I love getting flowers, as well :) I still have a bunch on my bedroom window from my boyfriend.

Ooh lots of weddings! I think everyone's getting married/engaged this summer!

Buffy said...

Hope you're feeling better. Really do.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're recovering nicely.

I would love to discuss Harry Potter--I just finished it last week, so its pretty fresh in my head. I can Google chat or email.

My email is ideclaire9@gmail.com

Airam said...

I'm glad the surgery went well and you're doing great!

notbubbly said...

Its good to have you back! Glad you're feeling better and congrats to Munchkin's brother and her soon to be sister in law! She sure does have A LOT of new sisters in her life!

Anonymous said...

Glad your surgery went well and that you've recovered...hang in there!

anne said...

nice to hear you are up and moving and doing better, despite the exacerbated initial problem.

i totally agree a girl can never have too many flowers - especially at a time like this.

Anonymous said...

good. i'm glad you are well in your way to recovery.

can we get some pics of your indoor garden?