Friday, August 31, 2007

Missing Summer already

I'm only working a half day today:-) The firm is sort of unofficially closing at noon today, so everyone can add a little bit extra to the long weekend. Works out great for me because we can get out of here this afternoon and be at the beach before dinner:-)

This could be the last beach weekend of the summer, which always depresses me. The house gets rented out during the fall for events (weddings, etc.) so it is not always available. And if the weather doesn't look like it is going to be good, we usually don't go. Add in the start of soccer season for Munchkin and we will be lucky to get one more weekend in down there after this:-(

I hate fall...and I always have. A lot of people count fall as their favorite season, and I really can't disagree with any of them. The weather is nice, the colors around here are great and there is a lot of fun, pumpkin-related stuff to do:-) The reason I hate fall is because I really, really love summer, and fall means that summer is gone and it is the longest you possibly have to wait for another one. When I was younger, I used to get really bad seasonal depression during September and October...I was always in a bad mood, I cried a lot and was just generally miserable.

That went away when I moved to Arizona (when there is no winter, why miss summer?) and hasn't really come back since I moved here. I still have a day or two when I just get really kinda sad, but I am basically a happier person and the season doesn't effect me as much as it used to. But...I still may cry for a second when I leave the beach house on Monday;-)

So there it is...I know I am in the minority on this, but this is my least favorite season. We all know how much I love fantasy football, and I do love soccer games, so I am not totally opposed to fall, I just don't really like it.

Anywho...does anyone have anything good for the long weekend? Long weekend at the beach for us, I think everyone is going (meaning Smoking Hot Roommate, Big Sis, Papa Bear and any assorted attachments) and I am sure there will be some other friends and family there, too. Should be fun:-)

8 comments:

anne said...

Lacking seasons myself it is not quite dramatic. But there is something so magical and free about the summer. For some reason you don't just pick up and go to the beach in October, even though we can.

Anonymous said...

We are still waiting for a pic of the beach house AM...........

Airam said...

Hope you have a great long weekend!

Still just me said...

I think I am going to like summer even more now that I work for the school district...........

Anonymous said...

I love fall but my husband loves summer and hates it when they days get shorter and they nights are so dark and gloomy...

ella said...

We all know how bad AM is about following up on photos! ;)

I hate it when it starts getting dark early. I still occasionally get seaonsal depression.

boohoo said...

Aww I like Autumn (fall). Like you say: very pretty colours. I dislike Spring more. It looks sunny but it's bitterly cold - grr.

We barely had a summer in the UK this year so I think the whole country is in mourning that it's ending...

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! I'm late commenting but I hope you had a great weekend. It must be on the minds of everyone because I have a post about 'fall' in the works too. Got to love a new season for the new wardrobe opportunities. And you know, the leaves and stuff. ;)