Monday, August 13, 2007

I win:-)

Things are a little more back to normal around these parts. Munchkin's brother and soon to be sister in law left yesterday, which made her a little bit sad, but she was kind of ready for them to leave...lol. It has been such a crazy summer, there has been very little time when she was just home and hanging out with me. The break has actually been kind of nice...it is good to get out of the routine once in a while.

Of course, I say that...and then she is probably going to spend all of next week at the beach again:-) Next week is the annual beach bash for Smoking Hot Roommate and Big Sis' mother's family (last year's is referenced here) and I may let her stay there all week with them. I guess I will keep an eye on the weather and stuff.

She had an interesting visit with her brother. She was out with them for a week, and then back here at the beach for a week, and I think it was a little too much. It is kind of hard to explain, but I think the novelty wore off a bit and she had just kind of had enough. She has spent a day at a time or so with him before, but two weeks may have just been too much, especially when they were all kind of "on vacation".

I suppose it is petty of me to be moderately happy about that, but I can't help it. I like having her around, and I like that she likes me better:-D He gets to share a last name with her, but that will just have to be it. She still loves her brother very much, but I think she realizes that some distance is maybe good for their relationship (or I just read all of that into it...possible...)

Beyond that, the weekend was great. Nice weather, no real agenda and lots of sun. Big Sis and I went golfing last night, which was fun...we still suck...lol. Munchkin was really beat after the weekend, and Smoking Hot Roommate didn't feel like playing, either (she is probably not thrilled about playing with us, since she takes about half as many strokes as we do!) so they stayed home and it was just me and Big Sis. Interesting topic of conversation for which I am sworn to secrecy. Damnit...

That's about all. I feel like I am leaving something out, but I can't think of it at the moment, so it will have to wait...

3 comments:

anne said...

How are you feeling?

Still just me said...

"I suppose it is petty of me to be moderately happy about that, but I can't help it. I like having her around, and I like that she likes me better:-D "

I am guilty as well in regards to the relationship I have with Logan, and the one she has with her father. She loves her daddy, but she feels more secure telling me her deepest darkest secrets.

Accidentally Me said...

e.b. - I feel great:-) Thanks for asking! I am pretty much totally healed...it just hurst a bit if I stretch my left arm over my head. So, basically I don't do that:-)

SJM - I like her brother more than I used to. Like when he sued me... But he still irritates me, and I still feel like I am competing with him for her. I can't help it.