Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This Post is About Almost Nothing

I have very little for you today... Low key night last night, The Boy came over after work and Munchkin and I made dinner. Salmon, scallops and asparagus, all on the grill. I am kind of hooked on grilled asparagus, even though it makes your pee smell:-). Cover it in olive oil, salt and pepper, then a couple minutes on the grill...delicious! Just make sure to keep them running perpendicular to the grill;-) Otherwise they fall in!

The Boy's parents are coming into town tonight and we are having dinner with them, which should be nice...I haven't seen them since we were on vacation with them, and I was a little bit hyper-stressed that whole time. Hopefully the stock market doesn't go haywire and trap him at work all night; and honestly that seems like it could be a possibility at the moment. Let's all cross our fingers...

His Mom called me a little bit ago to ask if Munchkin was coming to dinner. I hadn't planned on it, but she kind of insisted..."Oh, bring her if she is around, we haven't seen her all summer and we miss her!" There is also a funny exchange between Munchkin and The Boy in my "Thought for the Day" section over on the right... He asked her what happened with the boyfriend, and that ensued.

That is kind of about it...I feel like I am becoming a very boring blogger these days. I think I need to spice things up a bit or risk putting you all to sleep:-)

Any suggestions? Anyone have any topics they want me to address? Fire away...

14 comments:

Clearlykels said...

Oh, that is the only thing I don't like about my apartment. There is no place to have a grill or an outdoor table... I love grilled summer dinners.

Still just me said...

I haven't fired up my grill yet this summer. Maybe tonight?

anne said...

Try adding some lemon juice or even zest to the asparagus - it is amazing!

Accidentally Me said...

Kels - I love it. We have two decks, one that looks out towards Boston Common and the other looks out over the river towards Cambridge. I spend as much time as I can out there! And the grill is just so summery, it makes everything taste better! And not pots to clean up:-)

SJM - You know, you may wanna get on that soon...lol. Summer doesn't last forever.

e.b. - I knew I could count on your for some additional flavoring on the food:-) My cooking skills are nowhere near as developed as yours...I have like a three ingredient limit to anything I make:-D

Aaron said...

You mean, smell like Asparagus.

Anyway, try eating a lot of Tuna. I'm sure you'll agree, it produces a more disturbing smell.

Ally said...

I love the thought for the day!

Anonymous said...

LMAO at aaron's comment! I know what you could blog about... how about some pics of the beach house or the wedding, heads and other identifiying features cropped out of course...:-D pretty please? Or you could tell us about previous engagements.. I think that is still a loose end.

Accidentally Me said...

Nicole - I can't tell if Aaron's comment is wildly offensive or not...lol. I will assume "no", but it could be read that way:-)

The wedding pictures should be up soon, and I will take a look at them then. I am a photo-editing retard, but I will make an effort if the mood strikes. Could be something I do one weekend this fall if I am bored.

You mean my previous engagements? I have never been engaged, but proposed to a lot. I suppose maybe I could tell one of those tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Your guys mother sounds uber sweet to invite Munchkin. I like her already... but I am all about people including my siblings. Hope dinner goes well!

megabrooke said...

ha, i like munchkin and the boy's exchange. she's too cute.
have fun tonight at dinner my friend!

Anonymous said...

I want to see some wedding photos be-atch!

Airam said...

Grilled asparagus IS good!! I didn't realize it made your pee smell though ... I need to pay more attention to that. Not that I really want to smell my pee but I'm curious now.

Whine Girl said...

place them perpendicular or they'll fall in...

ahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahaha....

and aaron: gross

H said...

Thought for the day = HIL-AR-IOUS