Thursday, November 08, 2007

From Groceries to Junior Bridesmaids

I had no idea that so many people love grocery shopping as much as I do! I can only hope that I have somehow helped everyone to more openly acknowledge their love of the supermarket in a positive and healthy manner. I feel like I am really contributing:-P

One thing I left out is that I actually have another favorite form of shopping: imaginary home shopping. I have a terrible time not walking into open houses on Sundays if I am out and see one. I especially love the ones that are absurdly expensive...as long as it is imaginary, you might as well make it fun:-) Check out this one...it is open this Sunday, and I may have to wander by:-P Actually...two bedrooms for $4 million? How stupid is that?

Anyway, totally changing subjects...on to a bunch of random things...

I have pretty openly acknowledged that I am "not a real tough nut to crack", so to speak...but this chick has me beat. 200 orgasms a day? My god...I just...I dunno...I have nothing to say...

Munchkin continues to be the most in-demand person I know. Much like last year, one of her friends' families has invited her on a super-awesome tropical winter vacation after Christmas. This is the family that she went to Europe with, not the one she went to the Caribbean with last year. It is very difficult being as connected as she is:-)

So, I have to confirm dates to make sure it fits, but as long as she can fit it into her busy schedule, she is off on another trip that will make me super jealous. How come they never invite ME on these trips?!?!?

And what, you ask, does she have to do that would cause her to miss a trip to Aruba? Why, that would be her second go-round as a bridesmaid...this time for her brother's wedding. It is actually a very small, relatively casual affair, and I think she is the only bridesmaid, and the bride's brother is the only groomsman. I also think it is only family and a couple very close friends. And she is wearing the same dress she wore for Big Sis' wedding in July, with a shoulder throw to keep her warm:-) Actually, she is gonna wear mine because it is slightly bigger and she has grown a bit...details.

I had a lengthy IM chat with Povosgirl last week where she explained to me all of the rules around bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids and flower girls. I, for one, have never heard of junior bridesmaids...but apparently girls between like 10 and 16 are supposed to be junior bridesmaids, who get dresses that are not the same as the bridesmaids, but less childish than the flower girl's. Is this a regional thing? Or is it just something I have never heard of?

Unfortunately, Munchkin is in serious violation of that rule. She was a bridesmaid at Big Sis' wedding, and will be at Smoking Hot Roommate's next summer. And, not to get ahead of ourselves, but she will likely be a bridesmaid at my wedding before she turns 16, too. Throw in this trip, and she will be a four-time bridesmaid before she is eligible by the age rules:-) I wonder if there is a penalty for this:-D

Anyway, I have to check the date of the wedding, and the dates of the vacation to make sure that Munchkin can do both...that was the point of this long-winded story. Sorry to have wasted two minutes of your lives that you can never, ever get back...:-D

7 comments:

Lpeg said...

I love checking out places that I will never be able to afford... the pains in being an architect - my taste is becoming more than I can afford! But I love going to open houses and just imagining the ritzy lifestyle.

I also love the supermarket... I could spend hours in there, but I work there now, so it's not as fun as it used to be!

Thanks for the tips on the business!!

Aaron said...

Your wedding?

Accidentally Me said...

Aaron - Hypothetically speaking...

Anonymous said...

I love checking out open houses too! You can get great ideas for your own home and it's also just fun to dream about living in some of those places.
Oh, and I had a junior bridesmaid in my wedding. She was 11 and a little too old to be a flower girl, but too young to be a bridesmaid.

Anonymous said...

I've always heard of junior bridesmaids, but I think it is kind of a funny term. My 13 y/o sister will be in my wedding this summer, but I'm just calling her a bridesmaid. Junior just sounds...I dunno...silly. No offense Katie.

Anonymous said...

I read the article you linked about the woman with PSAS... wow. That sounds like it might not be so fun...

And your wedding.... woo woo!! Can't wait to hear more on that... ;)

boohoo said...

I was a flower girl once, when I was about five. And I cried throughout the service, though I don't remember why hehehe.

Munchkin is one connected girl! She's seen way more of the world than I have.