Monday, November 26, 2007

Ick

Sorry to have been non-blogging for a couple days...I know how important my daily rambling are to your lives:-P I also opened my Reader this morning to 111 new posts. So symmetrical. Apologies in advance for not commenting on them.

I'm sick, and have been since Friday. And not just a little bit "oh, I will curl up and eat soup" sick...like really sick. I mean like fever, sleep all the time, throw up a lot, can barely eat sick. I am actually a little better today, but I still feel really week and kind of light-headed. So, I am at work, but I don't know how long. I can't imagine I will be too productive.

Thanksgiving was really nice:-) We had a great meal at The Boy's parents' house, which, it dawns on me, is likely to be my standard go-to Holiday location from here on out. Kind of a daunting thought... Then Munchkin and I left The Boy there and went to meet up with our pretend family, and that was awesome as well.

Friday started out fine. We went for a walk, avoided all stores of any kind, and then I dropped Munchkin at her friends' house and went home. It all went downhill pretty quickly from there. I think the sore throat came on first, and then the congestion. And then lunch made its reappearance...

From about 2:00 on Friday afternoon until this morning, I didn't leave the house. Not once. And I slept. A lot. Munchkin and The Boy and Smoking Hot Roommate all played nurse, and it was much appreciated:-) Munchkin was like an old Italian mother...convinced that all of my problems could be solved by eating more (that is not totally unfounded, my weight borders on dangerously low, so a couple days without eating right can be an issue. Thankfully, she made me eat a lot of ice cream:-))

And really, that is about it. My head is so scattered that these three paragraphs took about two hours to write...and I don't see it getting much better. So, tomorrow I will try and get back to the stuff I missed. Until then...

8 comments:

Lpeg said...

I hope you feel better!! atleast you've got a cute boy to nurse you back to health :)

Anonymous said...

Aww...get well soon!

anne said...

feel better. sending good chicken soup thoughts your way.

Clearlykels said...

Ugh! Feel better. That is the worse. I woke up with an uggy stomach on Friday and it was gone my Sunday. I decided it was my body's way of rebelling to get me to stop eating my way through the holiday :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon... and so glad Munchkin is taking care of YOU this time... so great to have the tables turned just every once in awhile. :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon friend. (And my google reader is pretty ugly right now too. NaBloPoMo is killing me, and I'm not even participating.)

k.d. said...

get well soon! here's some healing vibes: }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

*hugs*

Aaron said...

Pretend family? What would they say if they read that?!