Thursday, November 01, 2007

May and December

Munchkin let me know yesterday afternoon that she was going to stay at her friend's house last night, and ride into school with them this morning. So once I got a bag packed for her after school last night, I had the whole night to myself...treat! Smoking Hot Roommate is away again this week, so I actually had the whole apartment to myself, too...grrr...

I met some girlfriends for drinks and munchies after Munchkin left. Does anyone remember this story from last May? If you don't feel like reading, it is about a friend of mine and her older boyfriend. Well, they got engaged a couple days ago and are getting married sometime next spring or summer, so I guess everything worked out well and none of my (or anyone else's) fears were realized.

But there is still something weird about it. She was not at dinner last night, so we all talked about her...and I just feel like no one is totally and completely happy for them like people usually are. I can't quite put my finger on it...we all like him, but there is just still something that sits a little bit wrong with all of us. I am not sure anyone can really identify exactly what it is, but I just get the sense that we all have some kind of reservation about this.

I am not really sure what the point of that story was...lol.

Anyway, The Boy met me at the restaurant and then he came back for some jacuzzi time, and some footrubs and backrubs and all around awesomely fantastic nakedness:-)

Chicago tomorrow:-) Hopefully I can get out of work a little early so that we can get going on the early side...

3 comments:

Still just me said...

Always trust your gut, but since this feeling is about a friend and not yourself, all you can do is be there for her if it comes to be that your instincts are right.

Have fun in Chicago!

anne said...

I read the title of the post and then the first sentence about Munchkin sleeping over at someones house and for a second I thought you meant she was in the May-December relationship. I was very concerned.

boohoo said...

I always think that no one knows what's really going on in any one else's relationship and to pass judgement on it is a waste of time because, well, you just don't know all the details. But you can still have an opinon, of course, and if your guts telling you to be wary then be wary - always trust your gut. Does she know you all sit around discussing her relationship, though? I'd hate that to happen to me.