Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Puzzle Pieces

OK, here is my continuation of yesterday's recap of the weekend. I should warn you that this may interest no one but me...lol

The focus of this post is one of my very favorite people on earth, BFFb (the male half of my two oldest and dearest friends). For a variety of reasons, some of which I have detailed here at length, he holds a very special place in my heart, and I think I do in his as well.

Now, there is one other thing about him that is relevant here...chicks dig him. Not only is he really kinda hot, but he just has that certain something that makes women swoon. It kind of engenders man-crushes, too (think George Costanza and Dan Cortese) but that is a whole other story. Basically, he is super cool in addition to being super hot...got it?

Anyway, he has gone through a lot of girlfriends (other than me and BFFg, he has pretty much dated everyone I know. On another note, she is the female version...maybe they should just get married and be done with it...). And he has had a lot of girlfriends that have been really promising to start with, but that lose steam or otherwise fizzle pretty quickly. Either he loses interest, or she doesn't think he is that into her and bails, or whatever.

[Offline, you can feel free to ask me about "Erin #1", but it is a long story that is horribly embarrassing to him and BFFg so I won't write it here. But it is a REALLY good story!!!]

About three months ago, he started dating someone new, and seemed to really like her. And BFFg liked her as well, which is a pretty big hurdle. This weekend was my first chance to meet her, and I was looking forward to it. I love to see him happy, and I basically like anyone that he does:-) I met her Friday night, and thought she was lovely...gorgeous, funny, smart and really nice. However, I didn't really get the sense that he was totally digging her, so it was no huge surprise when he told me later that he didn't think it was gonna work.

So we had a lengthy discussion about this, and about his relationships with women and what caused them all to fall apart after starting so promisingly. He told me "The first time I met The Boy, I could tell that you two just fit together like puzzle pieces, and I wanna feel the same way about a girl." I thought that was sweet and kinda profound, but that is another story:-P

Then, however, he confessed something that is music to my ears and fits in well with my super-secret long-term devious plan:-) He said something along the lines of "You know, I always felt differently about The Mouth. I think I coulda really dug her." Well...duh!!! I have only been saying that for like five years (and they have figured it out on their own)!!!

This coincides were her telling me a couple of weeks ago that she is kinda bored with California, and without The Body there with her, she is not sure she wants to stay. All of this gets the gears in my little head grinding with my master plan...which is to get all of my closest friends to move here:-D.

So here is my plan...convince BFFg and BFFb to move out here. She is a nurse, so she would find a job in like seven minutes, and he has a degree in civil engineering, so he is pretty employable, too. Then I can get to work on The Body and The Mouth and get them out here, too. Given Papa Bear's stated goals of bringing more women to the firm, the high regard he holds her in (he helped her get her job in LA) and her outstanding resume (she is...in finance lingo...a "Hedgie"), I think he and the other partners would probably jump at the chance to bring her on board. Truth be told, she is more cut out for this than me...

The Body would be a tougher sell...her family is all in Phoenix, and I think she would like to try the acting/modeling thing again, and now she has a boyfriend in AZ, too. So I don't know that Boston would hold a lot of pull for her. Of course, her BF could come, too...he is another of my favorites:-)

And that would clear the way for The Mouth and BFFb to finally start dating. Sure, I suppose they could go on two dates and decide it is a dumb idea, ruining all of this work I have done...but that is a risk I am willing to take! Mostly, I would just like them to all be near me, because I am selfish!!!

And after that? Hmm...I bet Tinkerbelle's Mom would love to move, too:-D

7 comments:

ella said...

I can see the gears moving in your head....hatching your (evil) master plan. LOL

Ally said...

Hmm....you need to buy a "compound" of houses/condos/apartments all in one area for your camp of people to live in....anyway, good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi - Found you via the NaBloPoMo Randomizer - love your plan.
Hope it all works out.
Sending good vibes your way.

Clearlykels said...

Good grief. It looks like you have a plan. The wheels are definitely turning. I hope it works out.

megabrooke said...

ha, and i was going to ask if bffb would be interested in a fixup with one of your blogger friends from mass.....

ha, oh well! he sounds like a catch!

Aaron said...

So you go through with your master plan. What would happen if it didn't work out? Then you'd have to hear it from BOTH sides...

boohoo said...

Hehehe what a wicked person you are ;) I hope it all works out the way you want it to.