Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A very late Thanksgiving Recap

I am feeling moderately better today...at least semi-functional. Still kind of fuzzy and tired, but I feel like I have turned the corner. I know some people believe in taking as little medication as possible...I however, am not one of them. At least not when I am really sick. When I am sick, I believe in taking full advantage of the advances made by modern medicine. And so, after lots and lots and lots of Tylenol cold and flu, I am feeling a little better. Big pharma gets a bad name...

This means I am WAY behind on my blog reading and commenting. I actually read about 100 blogs last night when I woke up from my (five hour) afternoon nap. I commented on very few however, because some were a couple days old already and I wanted to read as many as I could. Sounds like most people had pleasant Thanksgiving weekends, although a couple of people seem a little bit down these days for various reasons (like OC, Still Just Me and Kristin).

My Thanksgiving was really nice, complete with lots and lots of eating:-) The Boy's brother and sister and families were up for the weekend, so Munchkin and I went to his parents' house on Thursday to see all of them and some other assorted aunts and uncles and cousins. Twin Sister has like the nicest, least difficult baby in history. Seriously, if they were all that easy, I would have several (so basically, before I have a baby, I want some guarantee that it will sleep all the time, never cry and that I will look like Heidi Klum a month later. Never mind that I don't look a thing like Heidi Klum now... Am I being unrealistic?)

We left The Boy there so he could leave early on Friday with his father and brother and brother-in law and headed to meet Smoking Hot Roommate and family. They were at her cousin's house, which actually used to be theirs. They lived in a big old farmhouse in Brookline until Papa Bear moved into the city a couple of years ago (actually, it was a deal...when Big Sis got back from London, she originally intended to move to New York, but agreed to stay in Boston if he agreed to sell the big old house and move in town. The house has a lot of memories, but one person does not need 8 bedrooms...)

Anyway, that is where they lived when I spent the summer here before senior year and I still love the house. It is old, big and has tons of character. Some member of their family has lived there for like 100 years, and I know Papa Bear was really glad to keep it in the family. And I am glad that we get to go visit:-) Munchkin actually spends a lot of time there, as that cousin has a daughter in her class that is one of her best friends.

So, that was way off subject...lol. Whatever, I am still sick, I can't be expected to make sense all the time:-P

8 comments:

Ally said...

Pobrecita! I hate that you have been feeling so bad but am glad to read that you're feeling better.

100 blogs? That's a lot!

Glad you enjoyed the holiday and hope you're back to "normal" soon (you know, looking like Heidi and all:).

ella said...

How many blogs do you read? 100 posts??

Wellness Pills. Swear by them. Have not gotten sick since I've been taking one a day...it's been over a year.

Still just me said...

So glad you are bouncing back. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

anne said...

Glad you're feeling better.

I love, love, love the feeling and character in those old houses. My parents live in one and its great. Plus they have a ghost, but that is a story for another time.

OC said...

Heidi Klum, huh? I heard pregnancy does change you... maybe you can morph into a slender blonde supermodel with big boobs?

Glad you're feeling better. =)

Anonymous said...

oh drugs are definitely the answer. lol. feel better soon!

boohoo said...

Yeh I agree: get the drugs out! ;) I'm glad you're starting to feel more human again.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I am just now catching up on all my blogs too, not from being sick, but from my vacation.

Got snow, yet?

I am glad you are feeling better!