Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Holiday Plans '07

Project Runway tonight...and I am giddy!!! Does anyone know of a good website where they do Runway games, like where you pick winners and losers and get points for it and can compete against friends? That's right...I am looking for a Fantasy Runway League...

My sick patients are all back to 100%, and I seem to have avoided catching anything, so that's good. I really don't feel like getting the flu right now, it just doesn't fit into my schedule at all!

The time has come, once again, to go through what has become a new holiday tradition for me ... scheduling. The number of families with which I either want, or feel obligated, to spend time with or to arrange for Munchkin to spend time with during the holidays, has ballooned to somewhere near 7. That's right, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I would like to somehow manage to see (or get Munchkin to see) our mother's family, my father's family, Munchkin's father's family, my two pretend families (Smoking Hot Roommate's mother's and father's families) and now The Boy's two families (mother's and father's).

That equals an enormous amount of Turkey and other assorted holiday goodness...

I think I will do the same thing I did last year, which is to stick around here for Thanksgiving, and then try and get to Chicago for a long weekend sometime right before Christmas to see all of them. Christmas is kind of a four day weekend this year, so maybe we could go like Friday-Sunday out there, and be back here for the next couple of days. Or, I suppose we could do it the other way around and go there like Sunday-Tuesday. (It is also not quite as important that she see her father's family a ton, since we will have a whole long weekend with them after the New Year for her brother's wedding...everyone follow this?)

The downside to that is that, if we are out there on Christmas, I doubt that The Boy would come...I imagine he would want to see him parents and sisters and brother. Also, Munchkin is leaving the day after Christmas again, and I would rather she not be on that many planes in that short a time...it tends to make people sick.

I am sure I will get some shit from my Aunts (mother's sisters and sisters-in-law) over this. They are gonna yell at me for not wanting to be around my real family and keeping Munchkin away, too. And I guess in some sense, they are right. But in another sense, they can blow it out their collective ass;-) I dunno...I could change my mind.

Or, I could have a couple of them come out to visit us...that might really be nice:-)

3 comments:

anne said...

Here you go - I go this in an e-mail just this morning.

http://www.fafarazzi.com/pr4_home.php?utm_medium=email&utm_source=dailycandy

Still just me said...

Holidays are hard, you have to stretch yourself so far.

boohoo said...

Wow, that's a lot of people to accomodate. And I struggle with fitting in the time to see my parents and Ray's mother's side of the family - we always get a row for not spending enough time with one of the families.

Good luck with it all!