Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lonely. So Lonely.

OK, I am a big baby...I'm not gonna lie. I have sort of admitted this before, but I should really just get it out on the table. I also need a dog, but that is another story:-D

Munchkin went over to her friend's house after dinner, and then called to ask if she could sleep over. This, theoretically, should mean that I get myself a lot of alone time with The Boy, which I really tend to enjoy. (Side note, her friend's name is Chatham, which I go back and forth on...at times I think it is incredibly cute, and at others I think it is way overly-pretentious...thoughts?)

Anyway...that plan was foiled. The Boy's brother just bought a house on a lake in New Hampshire and is doing some work on it. The Boy, his father and his uncle were all planning to head up to help him out all day Sunday, and were leaving at like 5:00am. Which means he stayed at his parents' house last night.

Smoking Hot Roommate is away (she should be back in a couple hours), which means that I was all alone in the apartment last night. And yes, I am a super big baby that gets scared by being alone:-P

But first, I went out with some friends, which was really fun. I don't do that nearly enough! I can't say that I am jealous of the idea of trying to meet people in that environment, but it is fun to get all dressed, have a couple drinks and let loose a bit. I also have some super-hot friends, so we tend to get hit on a lot:-P That sometimes gets annoying, but I am not gonna argue with not having to buy drinks!

I actually met a hilarious girl who was out with four guy friends playing wing-woman. She was the girlfriend of one of the guys' friends (that guy was not with them) and had sort of completed her work for the evening...lol. So we stole her for the rest of the night:-) Her boyfriend lived really near one of my friends (in Southie, for the locals), so she came with us to the last bar of the night, and then she and my friend took a cab home. I don't know what it is, but I tend to make friends whenever I am out...lol. Now I know where Munchkin gets it from:-D

So I got home on the late side (and of course answered texts from both The Boy and Munchkin demanding that I let them know I was home safely). Then I checked all the doors and windows to make sure they were locked, checked under the bed and in the closets for monsters and boogeymen and put a baseball bat in my room...you know, just in case:-D Thankfully, I didn't need to use it...

That's about it. It's a really beautiful Sunday, so we will likely go for a walk and maybe some Open House visiting. I have to go get Munchkin in a bit, and SHR will be home around lunchtime. Since The Boy is gone all day, I may join the girls for their Sunday afternoon football watching. Not usually my first choice, but a pretty nice afternoon anyway:-)

14 comments:

anne said...

I freak myself out too when I am home alone. I lived alone for years before Magoo, but now those nights when he is gone I get all wierded out. I sleep with the lights on!

megabrooke said...

Ha, I can't help but think that we have been at the same bar, on the same night, out with our separate group of friends and I have one of those "wow, she looks like someone I know" moments. I was in Southie last night too. Random!
Glad you enjoyed the night afterall. Have a good Sunday- Pats are on tonight!

Accidentally Me said...

e.b. - I tried sleeping with the lights on, but that didn't work...I was just awake:-)

brookem - Entirely possible! It is probably easier to spot the tall blond girl that I am usually with than to spot me:-) We weren't in Southie last night...we were downtown. But one of my friends lives there, as did the girl we met.

Anonymous said...

I get like that when I am home alone too - and since that isn't very often ( at night) I am not accustomed to it. About the name - while it does sound a bit pretentious it is pretty cute...

Ally said...

Pobrecita! Not sure what I think about Chatham. I wouldn't name my child (or dog) that but I don't have strong feelings about it otherwise.

ella said...

You are so funny! Doesn't your place have a doorman?

ella said...

ps: The title of this post reminds me of that song "Kim Jung Il" sings in Team America.

Scotty said...

Does Munchkin make you look for monsters and boogymen?

Whine Girl said...

Nope, not like the Chatham.

Sounds like a town in England.

Why don't they just name her Wellington?

boohoo said...

Hehehe being home alone can be a bit scary. When I'm away working I always have to sleep with the light on and my shoes wedged against the door so that if it opens in the night I'll hear the shoes moving. Ridiculous really cos I'll still be in trouble whether I hear the door opening first or not.

I'm jealous you can make friends so easily. It must be an American thing ;) People in the UK just aren't that friendly... unless it's just where I live ;)

Accidentally Me said...

All - Chatham is a moderately snooty town on Cape Cod (exactly on the elbow if you look at a map) and I assume that is where the name comes from.

And no, Munchkin does not make me check for monsters, she is much more rational and mature than I am!

Anonymous said...

Chatham reminds me of a grocery store that was around in the late 70's early 80's in Michigan! Yes I am giving away the fact that I am in my thirties.

Also, want to tell you that I have started calling my niece Munchkin - out of nowhere one day I was talking to her and it just came out of my mouth.

-Carree

Accidentally Me said...

Carree - Awesome! I love feeling like I have influence...lol. In truth, Big Sis, SHR and I call her "Munchkin" in person all the time. It is not soley a blog nickname. It is just a super cute name:-)

MWGirl said...

I am 100 percent scared to be home alone. And I have a dog.