Monday, November 19, 2007

Psycho-analyzing The Boy

I forgot to mention in my last post that Chatham is a town on Cape Cod, and I think that is where the name comes from. It is sort of a snooty place, hence my feelings on the pretentiousness of the name.

Anywho, I have all of my peeps back, so I don't need to worry about scary monsters and boogeymen anymore (Ella points out that we have a doorman, but not all night!). Smoking Hot Roommate is finally back for a bit from the various work and leisure travels that have kept her away from us for what seems like forever.

The Boy survived his day of playing "Flip That House" with only some minor damage (a couple of bruises and some scrapes). Not that I don't totally trust him, his father and his brother with lots of power tools, but...well, they all have a lot of little boy in them. If they could renovate with dynamite, they probably would. They are likely going back for at least one more day next weekend, and maybe more...pray for him.

On a more serious, amateur-psychologist note, I think he wishes he was closer with his brother and likes the chance to do stuff with him. Not that there is any tension...in fact they get along very well. But his brother is older and I think for a lot of their lives they had different priorities and just never had a whole lot in common. I wouldn't say that he wishes that they had the relationship that their sisters have had (which has been much rockier) but I think maybe he envies the intensity of that just a little bit.

But now maybe they are a little more alike, The Boy has sort of caught up to the life stages...I dunno, I am hypothesizing. His brother is a really good guy, I like him a lot. They are both a lot like their father, but in very different ways.

Anyway, short week, and hopefully a Happy Thanksgiving for all! Munchkin and I are going up to The Boy's parents' house for dinner on Thursday, and then back to meet up with SHR and family (I have to get back to calling them The Rocks, it is easier) later on. Not sure if The Boy will come with us, or if he will stay with his parents and then go with his father and brother the next day...depends on what day they want to do it.

Their brother-in-law is going with them this time, too, which is just one more ingredient for a total disaster...lol. And in a sign of BLATANT sexism, not one single woman has been invited to help. Not Mom, nor either sister, nor either daughter-in-law nor me. Not that any of us would go...but still.

Not a terribly exciting week. Bonuses are gonna be announced in the next couple of weeks, so the speculation and excitement is starting to build:-) Despite it not being a great year for most people who do what we do, it has been pretty good here. But next year likely won't be as good, so they may go easy on the bonuses in anticipation of that...we will have to see. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

ella said...

It seems like you just got a bonus. Or was that a raise?

I'm sure Papa Bear will take care of you....

Accidentally Me said...

Ella - Raises are given out in early December, and bonuses are paid in January. But the bonus amounts are sort of set before then, and the walls have ears around here;-) We do, however, get bonuses when deals get done during the year sometimes...

OC said...

Good luck! Bonuses are wonderful things!