Monday, December 10, 2007

And the winner is...

During chicken fingers on Thursday night, we had a very intense discussion about the pros and cons of our proposed weekend getaways and reached the following unanimous decision:

New York it is!!!

We also got Big Sis to bag out of work Friday, cancel her weekend plans and come with us:-) So it ended up being a really fun sisterly-bonding trip (never mind the part about not really be related, we dropped that charade a long time ago). Of course, we didn't bother to get a second hotel room...so we all piled into one huge king bed...lol. That kind of adds to the fun, to be honest. None of us take up that much room, so we fit:-)

New York really is spectacular at this time of year. The city is always kind of overwhelming...it is just so big, and so tall, and so busy and...well, you know...it is just New York. Add in the extra people for holiday events, and all of the lights, and it is really neat.

Mostly we did kind of dumb tourist stuff. We went to Rockefeller center, but we didn't ice skate because it was way too crowded. And we wandered around and did a lot of shopping, although we didn't really buy anything...there was a lot of looking around:-) We also ventured a bit to see the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and Ground Zero. Munchkin had never been to New York, so she wanted to see all of that stuff.

Can we talk for a bit about the American Girl dolls? The line at the store was HUGE and I pity every parent that got stuck going. What a complete cluster...they hit you up for the doll, and then all of the other outfits, and the hair salon, yada yada yada. What a racket those people have! And the dolls scare me...they are just a little bit too lifelike for me.

Of course, it dawned on me that I should have bought one for Tinkerbelle, but that thought hit me too late. And I wasn't going into that melee anyway. There is a store in Chicago, so maybe I could revisit that idea next week...

Anyway, we walked around a ton, ate way too much and went to bed kind of early both nights Basically, we were tourists:-P And it was really fun:-)

I am sure that Florida was warmer (oh, THREE storms this week? What the fuck is up with that?!?!?) and I could use a tan, but I did have a really, really good time!

And now...back to work...blech.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister took my niece to the store in Chicago last weekend. Do you know they even have a doll hospital and hair salon?!? CRAZY.

-Carree

megabrooke said...

I'm glad you chose NYC! Sounds like a blast!

ella said...

American Girl Dolls creep me out to. I cannot believe that they have a hair salon! And apparently if you totally fuck up the hair on the doll, you can send it back to the store, and they will put on a new head for you!

Povosgirl said...

My parents just got back from a week in Orlando and it was 85 all weekend. Just got back today!

anne said...

Florida was definitely warmer. Way way too warm. You totally made the right choice - Florida will always be warm but there is something fun and festive about NY this time of year. Glad you had a good time.

boohoo said...

Sounds like it was fun :) I've never been to New York.

I haven't heard of American Girl dolls. I don't think we have those over here. The Bratz ones seem to be the thing to have here, I think. They're scary enough :/

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to go to New York! Glad you ladies had fun!