Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

Sorry for going a couple of days without posting...I was...um...not blogging. I wish I had a better excuse, but really I just never felt the urge and had the moment to sit down and write. In my defense, I have today off from work and have made a point to sit down and check in, so I am not totally negligent of my blogging duties. The Boy is asleep, and I just got off the phone with my adorably little ward, who is enjoying her tropical respite enormously.

I had a really nice, if not terribly eventful weekend. I went out with Smoking Hot Roommate and a couple of our girlfriends for some mischief on Friday and had a really good time but got to bed really, really late. Actually ran into The Boy unplanned, who was out with some of his friends...that was a nice surprise, even if I only saw him for about 12 seconds.

We were out late and didn't get to sleep until maybe 4:00, so I didn't get out of bed until after noon on Saturday. Actually, it was kinda nice, I haven't done that in a while! SHR slept in, too...until like 7:30...weirdo!!! Spent the day taking down the Christmas tree, doing some packing and just generally bumming around. The Boy and I had a dinner date and then went to a party a little later on with some of his friends from graduate school. A little bit of a random assortment of people, but mostly pretty cool.

We stayed at my place for the night, and he made me breakfast because he got up first. Hmm...what on earth could I have done to have earned that? :-D

Sunday afternoon was babysitting day:-) His sister and her wife had a delayed-Christmas party to go to and we went over to their place to watch the little one. Seriously, how hard could that be? She is two months old...we just have to feed her once, change a diaper (and no, I do NOT change diapers), put her down for a nap and enjoy playing house, right? Heck, I was sort of counting on getting laid while the baby was sleeping...

Well, little baby Twin Sister was NOT happy about the whole situation. She was a little bit sick, and very grumpy about her parents leaving her for a little bit (they have left her for little periods of time and she is usually fine, but being sick was not helping.) To be honest, it wasn't really that bad...but the baby wouldn't go down for a nap. She was just sort of cranky and cried a LOT if she wasn't being held. But she was OK if someone held her.

I actually left them for a bit to go to the store and pick a few things up. OK, I admit that the trip was not entirely necessary and I was just a little bit sick of the crying...this is why I shouldn't have children! But when I got back, both The Boy and baby had fallen sound asleep, her resting on his chest and him stretched out on the couch. Just about the cutest thing I have seen in a really long time:-) I actually tiptoed around and sat on the other couch for a while until they woke up so as not to disturb them.

Now it is New Year's Eve, both The Boy and I have the entire day off, and I plan on spending a lot of it in my bed with a minimum of clothing on:-) He should be done with his "rest" about now...hee hee! Pretty good way to send the year out, if you ask me:-)

Happy New Year everyone! May the next one be even better than this one way:-)

1 comment:

ella said...

Happy New Year!

And I agree, there is almost nothing worse than screaming, unhappy babies. From what I hear though, it's different if they are yours.