Wednesday, December 05, 2007

On Textile Enhancement Techniques

There are still random thoughts on the mortgage mess trickling in, so I will postpone my rant for at least one more day to let anyone else chime in that cares to. I am not sure I have a ton to add beyond what some others have said, but I will flesh it out a bit more. For reasons that will be more deeply detailed when I get to it, I was glad that Anne commented yesterday and anonymous did two days ago.

In my minor pregnancy scare post, I left out an important part. I was reminded of this in an IM chat with Ally yesterday. There was one major difference between this time and the couple of other minor (or major) pregnancy scares I have had over the years.

The first time I thought I was pregnant (I was 18) would qualify as the only "major" scare I have ever had...the others have all been for a couple of days, at most. I detailed that at length here and here. I never got to the point of telling anyone, but I decided on my own, pretty quickly, that I wasn't going to have the baby. Would I have actually gone through with having an abortion? I don't know...just because I had decided to doesn't mean I would have been able to actually do it. I am not sure I could get past the moral issues when it really got down to it.

Since then, there have been a couple of times when I had sort of minor scares, like the one earlier this week. In each of those cases, there was some part of me that stopped and wondered "Would I really have the baby?". Again, I imagine I would have, but there was certainly a part of me that would have wanted not to.

But this time, the thought never really crossed my mind. I guess that is no mystery...I am older and in a much more stable place to take care of a baby. There is also pretty clearly some selfishness involved which I guess I have grown out of. Either way, it was never something that entered into my mental dialogue: a sign of the times, I guess.

Anyway, that is enough for the serious talk. And let us never speak of me being pregnant again, until I decide I am darn good and ready!

Now, to the totally frivolous:-) Anyone watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show? I saw some of it, and it was kind of disappointing. First, despite my girl-crush on Heidi Klum, I really don't want to hear her singing...that was oddly uncomfortable. And second, it was too "fashiony". The point is supposed to be lining up a bunch of impossibly hot women to stomp around in their underwear.

The rest of us are supposed to watch and think "The only difference between me and Alessandra Ambrosio is that she has better underwear. If I buy some, I will look like her when I wear it." Putting weird, avante-garde things with sleeves and straps that look like guitars is a total waist of time. I don't want Vicky to be forward-thinking and innovative, I want her to make me my boobs look bigger and my ass rounder! (That, by the way, is no small task...)

And that is even before we get to the Spice Girls reunion. Is this really something the world needs? I thought Posh was funny and human on the show about her moving here...but she is way too botoxed and stiff when she sings.

Funny...I started this week on a real issue, and by Wednesday I am ranting about Sporty Spice's pants...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say that you look pretty fucking hot in your underwear!!!

ella said...

I tivo'd the "fashion" show just so I could watch the Spice Girls lip sych.

When the Spice Girls movie game out years ago, I made the guy I was dating take me to see it. Now that was true love.

Accidentally Me said...

Boy - Well that is just the sweetest thing anyone has said to me all day:-)

Ella - Oh...that is like my favorite movie...EVER!!!

OC said...

Yay for no babies now! Sorry I didn't comment yesterday - my google reader didn't find you. But glad everything worked out... and have a shot of grey goose for me.

boohoo said...

Hehehe I enjoyed the Spice Girls Movie. It was just really cute. It always maked me laugh. I haven't seen it in years now!

I was wondering why the Spice Girls, as a British band, decided to start their reunion tour in the US?

I'm gutted I don't know enough about the mortgage issue. I love a good political discussion. I look forward to hearing what you have to say, maybe I'll learn more about it then.