Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Getting to know my (other) sister

Claire asked if I had any more stories or interesting things to write about Tinkerbelle, and I got kinda sad because I really don't. The truth is that I really barely know her, and I have never gotten to spend much time with her at all. I have been out there several times this year, and gotten to spend a day here and there with her...(one thing: I did go to school with her one day!)...and she was here to visit with my father's family last summer for a while. I also get to talk with her a lot, but I just haven't spent as much bonding time with her as I wish I could have.

It's hard to get to know someone when she lives 1,000 miles away:-( Fortunately she is getting to where she can have cogent conversations on the phone, and she will be able to email pretty soon, too, I think. And maybe my New Year's resolution will be to see her more often...and to see if she can come with us on our now-annual warm-weather March getaway...

Anywho...I do get to see her this weekend, which I am pretty excited about:-) Munchkin and I are leaving tomorrow morning, and we have a solid four days in Chicago to see family and friends. That's longer than we usually go for, which means it will be a little less hurried and hopefully we can get more stuff in. Unfortunately, The Boy can't skip out of work for those two days, so he isn't coming...it was either two days with him or four without, and we decided to make the trip longer. He'll get over it:-P

First, however, is the company Holiday party tonight, which should be fun. Cocktails and dinner...although people tend to get up and down a lot during dinner, it is pretty informal. I get two dates:-) Actually, I think Munchkin is technically Papa Bear's date, so really I only get one...but close enough. Big Sis and Smoking Hot Roommate are both planning on crashing it after dinner, too, probably with their attached boys.

And that is about it. So, I won't blog tomorrow, and may only check in once over the course of the weekend (or maybe not at all). We are gonna come back sometime Sunday afternoon, just in time for birthday dinner for one of my most especially favorite people:-) (And look at that, I was coming home from Chicago to make it to last year's party, too...)

So, until then, enjoy the season:-D

6 comments:

H said...

Hope you have a great time!

Ally said...

A 4 day break sounds like an excellent way to start your Christmas celebration. I hope you have a wonderful visit with Tinkerbelle and family.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip AM!

boohoo said...

Have a great, great time visiting all your friends and family! :D

Anonymous said...

Hope the trip and the time with Tink goes well! :)

Airam said...

Have fun and Merry Christmas!