Monday, December 24, 2007

Beating the storm

Munchkin and I are back safely from our trip to Chicago, and despite some nasty weather, we had a wonderful time and are none the worse for wear! In the interest of saving time, I am going to use the increasingly popular bullets to cover much of the trip.


  • Saw a whole bunch of friends, and even had a pleasant morning coffee date with Sam.
  • Spent most of a couple of days with Tinkerbelle...shopping, a museum, some sightseeing, just general hanging out. Fun:-) She has gotten so much bigger this year, it is really amazing how fast kids grow.
  • Speaking of that, Munchkin is taller than me. Not "close", not "almost", not "we are about the same height". I can't fudge it anymore, she is like an inch taller.
  • My Dad's family had a big Christmas dinner on Friday night so that I could be there (and Munchkin, too...they include her:-))
  • Had a little too much to drink on Thursday at the company Christmas party, but that's OK:-) I didn't do anything stupid, at least:-)
  • We got out, despite the weather, and got home in plenty of time for Big Sis's super-excellent-awesomely-fabulous birthday dinner:-)
  • Happy Birthday!


And now it is Christmas Eve, I am home looking out at a beautiful snow-covered scene and Munchkin is chattering away with her friends to catch up on all the important social news she missed while we were gone. Later on we are going out to The Boy's parents' house for Christmas Eve dinner and some present opening (he and his brothers and sister always exchange their gifts on Christmas Eve, so we will swap ours, too. I won't tell you what I got him, though, just in case he reads today:-P)


Tomorrow Munchkin can open all of her stuff (which ended up being like a whole fucking truckload), Papa Bear, Big Sis, The Brain Surgeon and The Rocket Scientist are coming over for breakfast, and then we are all gonna head out to Smoking Hot Roommate's cousin's house for Christmas Day.

I may write a sappy introspective post tomorrow, but I may also not have time, or may not be in the mood. So, if I don't get a chance, here is hoping that you all have a happy, healthy, joyous peaceful Christmas (or day off for my non-Christian readers) and get to spend as much time as possible with the people you love. That is the best wish I can make for you:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, Munchkin, the Boy and the rest of the big old family.

Ally said...

Merry Christmas dear AM! Glad you had a nice trip, beat the storm, and have so many wonderful people with which to share this most special holiday.

Lpeg said...

Merry Christmas! I'm glad to hear you had a great trip, and enjoy this beautiful, warm Christmas day we've got!

k.d. said...

frohe weihnachten!

Whine Girl said...

it's nice that you can look out and see snow on Christmas eve... although I'll probably never see snow during the holiday (unless I fly somewhere north), I do miss it a little.

it was 85 yesterday... that's just wrong. I love FL weather, but I wish it was at least in the 50's for the holidays.