Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Various Dates

I don't get it...who likes Grey's Anatomy? Several people scolded me by email and IM for not liking Sex and the City (I also forgot...how did the people on Friends afford those apartments?) but no one came to the defense of Grey's. So, if no one really likes it, how does it stay on the air? It gets really good ratings, right?

And...I would like to revisit my calling SATC the most overrated show ever. That honor would have to go to Desperate Housewives, which is the same show but has none of the edge and none of the couple of funny parts that SATC always provided ("With his one ball, and my lazy ovary, it's like the Special Olympics of conception," is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen. The show still sucked, though:-)). I like Felicity Huffman, though. Eva Longoria needs to go away...you would think I would be a fan of super-short sex symbols...but no, she is useless.

OK, I got off track pretty quickly there.

I ended up going to a Christmas party with The Boy last night and had maybe one drink too many. A law firm that his company does a lot of work with was having a thing for a lot of their clients and invited him and a couple other people. I wasn't planning on going, but Smoking Hot Roommate was home with Munchkin all night, so I snuck out for a bit. I also didn't think he would end up going, not after the stock market dropped 300 points in like an hour yesterday. But he got out of work by 6:00 and I met him there. Turns out it was a lot of fun:-)

I should start by saying that I looked super hot. I was definitely having a cute day yesterday, and putting on a little strapless number just makes that all the better (that's not the actual dress, but it looks like that...minus the buckle). I also borrowed a completely ridiculous necklace from SHR. I seriously wanted to make out with myself:-) It was a good look!

Anyway, I didn't really do a ton of socializing...we talked to some people, but mostly we just sat by ourselves and enjoyed the time alone:-) Kinda nice! We got back to my place at about 11:00, and it was clear that the little dress accomplished exactly what I had intended it to:-)

In other news, Munchkin has a date on Friday. This is her first real night-time date...she has had a couple of afternoon pizza dates, and has gone to some school dances with "a date", but this is the first real date-date. She told me earlier this week that a boy had asked her to go to the movies on Friday. There was some coordinating, and The Boy and I are gonna take them and go see another movie at the same time.

She did tell him that she didn't want to see The Golden Compass because we already have a date to see that one:-P. She still likes me more than boys, which is a good sign! So, they are gonna see Enchanted and I think The Boy and I are gonna see No Country For Old Men, which is supposed to be really good. I will let you know...

So far I am doing OK with the dating, but if I hear that this little twerp tries anything, I will cut his hands off:-D

6 comments:

megabrooke said...

I like Grey's, and I like the sound of your dress.

Ally said...

I watch Grey's still, although I've been losing interest as it becomes dumber.

As for SATC, I enjoy watching it, but I find some episodes are really sad--b/c they show how pathetic their lives are at times, and it makes me wonder how many people are living like that. And while I like the show, Carrie's clothing is often just so butt-ugly that it distracts from the show.

And I've NEVER understood the big attraction of Friends.

Anonymous said...

Can I go on this date, too? We can triple!

ella said...

I agree with Ally. I still watch Grey's, but it's starting to suck a bit. As for SATC, I loved that show. It mirrored my 6 years living in the city, and believe me, things that happen on that show DO happen in real life.

Anonymous said...

I am a TOTAL fan of Grey's...I think DH is overrated, too, but I find myself watching it out of habit.

Super cute dress! I'm glad you had fun at the x-mas party.

Munchkin will love Enchanted. Aly and I saw it a couple of weeks ago.

Aaron said...

If she takes after you, you're gonna be cuttin' a lot of hands off! :P