Wednesday, December 26, 2007

This doesn't look like Aruba

Did everyone have a super excellent Christmas (or just plain day off)? I did:-) So much so that I skipped out on the overly-introspective blogging that I often do around Holidays. Somehow, I think the blogosphere will manage to survive without one girl's overly analytical self-assessments for one day...there is plenty of it about!

I got a pretty good present haul... A lot of clothes and some scarves, mittens and hats that I needed. A really beautiful necklace from Smoking Hot Roommate and family (used to be her Mom's, Munchkin got the matching bracelet). Also some other random stuff...nothing terribly exciting. The Boy got me a couple of sorta-little things and an assurance that my "real" gift will be along shortly...hmmm...what, do we suppose, could that be?

His Mom gave me a super secret gift that I am not allowed to tell anyone about:-P But it was incredibly sweet of her.

Munchkin totally cleaned up...I am most excited by the Wii that Big Sis found her. That is going to provide her (ok...me) with loads and loads of good times! I am also excited by her mammoth new wardrobe that I can borrow extensively... Her brother sent her tickets to a Cubs game next summer, which she was happy about.

She is off to Aruba in a couple hours...that bitch. Seriously, this story about her gallivanting the world in a bikini while I sit in the freezing, icy, snowy northeast is total bullshit. Bullshit! I am still gonna go home to see her off in an hour, but that doesn't mean I can't be jealous...

I actually have kind of a lot of work to do this week before the year is up. That is a really harsh reality...coming back from a festive, relaxing long weekend and jumping right into a big old pile of work. I envy all of you with slow weeks; mine is packed.

Which means I better get to work.

9 comments:

Douglas said...

Good to see someone else is on the grind today too.

And you wear jealousy so well.

anne said...

Glad you had a lovely holiday.

Grrr...I too have work to do this week and for Christmas I got an ear infection. Grrr.

Lpeg said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday!!

I hope Munchkin has a great time in Aruba - it is definitely a great place to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is harsh to come into the office isn't it? All of my piles of work were actually right up until I left...so I feel you, when so many others get to horse around!

Glad to see you had a wonderful Christmas. I wonder what the super secret gift was??

MWGirl said...

I got a Wii, too! Woot, woot!

ella said...

What did you get The Boy?

And what did his mother get you?!? Us nosy people want to know!

Miriam D said...

Wii's are AMAZING. I got one last year and am still completely obsessed. Good luck, you'll find your time slipping away as you play more and more...

boohoo said...

Sounds like you had a good day - I'm glad :)

Everyone under the age of sixteen got a wii this Christmas I think. It's all I've been told about so far.

Still just me said...

I don't have to be back at work until the 8th, at the school that is. That leaves me the rest of this week to finish painting the old place, and the other week to get the office at job #1 ready for the New Year.

I think I forgot what time off was.