Friday, December 14, 2007

Snow Day!

Boy is the city ever beautiful today! Snow everywhere, and the pretty, soft, fluffy white kind!

I should admit that I am terribly spoiled. I don't drive to work, so I have no problems with the roads. My car resides in a garage, so I don't have to shovel it out or scrape the ice off of it. Some kind of magical snow removal fairy cleans off our sidewalk and steps, so I don't have to do that, either. I am pretty well removed from much of the nonsense that people don't like about snow.

So when it falls like it did yesterday...very fast...and ruins everyone's commute (lots of horror stories today), I feel like I pulled one over on nature. I did miss out on chicken fingers, though:-( Everything is covered in a really beautiful coat of white, today!

Munchkin has no school because of the snow (it turns out that not everyone gets to walk two blocks to school...:-P), so I stayed home with her. Technically I am working from home, but we saw fit to go for a walk in the snow this morning to look at the Common and the Public Garden. It is all just to pretty to stay inside and avoid:-)

As of now, the fabulous triple date is still on...I imagine she has to check in with the boy she is going with to make sure, but I think things will be cleared by this evening. The kid lives in Newton, so he will probably take the T in anyway, which can run in the snow.

That's about it...I really don't have all that much that I have to get done, so this is gonna end up being a three day weekend for me:-) Hopefully after lunch the little one and I can walk around a bit more, do some Christmas shopping and enjoy all of the views. Then date night:-)

I have Christmas dinner with the school parents tomorrow night, which is always fun. And it is nearby here, too, so it will be a short trip and The Boy and I can go out for a bit afterwards if it doesn't run real late.

Hope everyone is enjoying the snow:-) Especially those of you who live in Florida:-P

And then the really big storm hits on Sunday.

4 comments:

megabrooke said...

All this snow! Man. It is pretty outside today though. I'm hoping the Sunday one won't be so bad because I'm heading to RI tomorrow. Figures!

Lpeg said...

I do love the snow, and I love snow days!!! Pretty soon I will not have to deal with the commute, as I will be living above my office [a good thing - the apt is cute!!].

Enjoy the 3-day weekend and the fresh snow! :)

anne said...

Oh yes my "snow day" is quite fabulous. I mean standing outside during an office fire drill this morning and sweating counts as a snow day right???

Aaron said...

We need to get you:
1.) A digital camera
2.) Instructions on how to use it
3.) The desire to actually post a pic of SOMETHING you speak of on a semi-regular basis.

:)