Friday, October 26, 2007

Another Birthday

I was out all morning, so you get a special Friday afternoon post today. This will likely serve as an excuse to not post tomorrow...just a warning.

I have been in kind of a weird mood this morning. It is almost like my old Fall depression was back in sort of a limited scope. I used to get horribly depressed at this time of year when the days started getting shorter, and that would last right up until about Christmas. It went away pretty much when I moved to Arizona...when it is always warm, it is hard to tell when winter is coming;-)

But I feel like that again today...where everything is kind of sad. Seeing leaves falling and feeling the unmistakeably crisp fall air just gets me thinking about how long and dark and horrible winter is. The sun seems really low in the sky (it gets worse...) and it just feels, I dunno...like everything is dying. Hopefully this goes away soon.

Not a terribly exciting weekend, but it should be relaxing. Soccer tomorrow, last game of the year but Munchkin still can't play:-( She might play goalie for a little bit just so she can get on the field a bit...she is sorta bummed about missing the last couple games. Or maybe she will just want to sit with me and drink hot chocolate instead:-)

We are going to go to a festival kinda thing in the afternoon. Pumpkins, hayrides, random stuff like that. A bunch of her friends are going and we are joining them. There is also a beer tent, which explains why there are so may parents anxious to go:-)

The Boy and I have a date tomorrow night, but he won't tell me where we are going:-) But I am supposed to dress up a bit, so I am definitely intrigued by the mystery. As far as I know, there is no special occasion, so I am curious. Munchkin is staying at a friends house, so we have no curfew, which should be nice!

And finally, Happy Birthday to my favorite soon-to-be pretend brother in law:-) The Rocket Scientist turns 25 today, and I am reminded how much I adore him and always have. She and Smoking Hot Roommate are two halves of the same person, and we can all only hope to find people that match us as well as they do. He is tremendously genuine, caring, funny, loving and kind person, and I am lucky to know him!

I will leave you with one little note about him (since you have all probably had too much of my gushing tributes around here). SHR travels for work a lot, and has as long as she has had the job she has now. So, when I first moved out here, she was gone a lot...and well, I am a big baby sometimes. Which means that I would get scared and not want to stay by myself. But I could always count on the Rocket Scientist to come over and stay in her room, even when she wasn't there, and he did an excellent job of scaring away boogeymen, burglars and people trying to steal me:-)

So that is about it...he is super nice, even when it involves humoring crazy girl:-) Happy Birthday, buddy!!!

4 comments:

anne said...

Its so intersting - everywhere people seem to welcome fall, but I can totally see how this depression-type issue could take over, a sort of SAD type thing.

Still just me said...

So, you have a special date, you don't know where you are going, and you are to dress up nice? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Sounds pretty special to me.

boohoo said...

Hmm, the mystery date sounds intriguing. I hope it's great fun :D

Everyone seems to be suffering from seasonal-depression (or whatever they call it) this year. I reckon the weather must be even kookier than usual this year to have upset so many people. Doesn't the thought of snow make you a little excited for winter? And snuggling up close to keep warm? I kind of adore winter. It's Spring I don't like.

Aaron said...

The only thing this blog was lacking was a "you complete me" quote.

/gag

:P