Sunday, October 28, 2007

Give 'em Hell Devils!

Sorry for being a lazy blogger yesterday...but few people read on weekends, so I don't feel terrible about missing one. I have no good excuse; it rained in the morning, so Munchkin's soccer game was cancelled and we did some cleaning and "seasonal clothes rotation" stuff (i.e., put away the summer stuff and take out the winter stuff).

We also skipped out on the fall festival thing because of the weather. It may have even been cancelled...I am not sure. She needed a new kinda-dressy coat, which allowed me to reach a valuable realization: we can totally share clothes:-) OK, so I am a little upset about the fact that she is already as tall as me and she is only 12 years old and I am simply searching for a silver lining.

Well we went shopping and found her a really cute wool coat at The Gap. And my first thought was "Hmm...kind of expensive for a coat she will not wear a ton," until I remembered that I will totally borrow it from her, and then it seemed completely reasonable! Also, this was after I saw three GORGEOUS things at Burberry that were like $1,000, so I guess everything would seem reasonable. Of course, it was way too warm for either of us to wear her new coat...this weather is weird.

I took her over to her friend's house in the late afternoon, and then it was date night:-) As mentioned, I was instructed to dress up a little bit, but not given any more details. Really there was no special occasion, just dinner at one of my very favorite restaurants. And he looked super cute all dressed up and brought flowers when he came to get me:-)

Sort of a funny run-in at the restaurant. On our way to our table, we passed a guy that I know through work...he is essentially one of our big investors. And I think he was kinda drunk, because he was like super friendly, and sent an almost-uncomfortably-expensive bottle of wine to our table. I don't really even know him that well, but I guess it was just well enough to not have it be too overly weird. He was with a much younger woman and a couple about his age...trying to impress a younger date maybe? Not sure, but I do know it meant we didn't have to buy drinks:-D

Dinner was excellent, and the company was perfect! We had a great, quiet table (one downside of that place...it gets kinda loud) and had a lovely talk about millions of things. From there we went here for a drink and to hang out for a bit. I can't go a night without dessert, but I was stuffed, so we stopped here to get chocolate things to go:-)

The Red Sox were on, and they won:-) In addition, there was a VERY important football game (at least from a personal bragging rights perspective). Me: happy. The Boy: Not:-D But he put out anyway:-P

Munchkin was super grumpy this morning when I went over to pick her up...lol. They stayed up to watch the whole baseball game, so they were very late getting to sleep. The fresh air on the walk home helped a bit, but she went right in to take a nap and is still sleeping. I will let her sleep for a while so she can stay up a little later tonight for the Red Sox game, and then we can go out and get some lunch just to get out of the house for a bit. Maybe some fantasy home shopping, too:-)

Kind of a regular Sunday. She has some homework to do and I have some work, too. Smoking Hot Roommate is coming back at about 3:00 (she has been away again this weekend), so we can get all of our stuff done early in the afternoon, and then I can sneak off to The Boy's later on while they are watching the Patriots game:-)

6 comments:

Still just me said...

I read on weekends! Yay for a post to read. My excuse today is that I am avoiding doing my homework, it's all due on the last day of this month.
I have blogger and scary movies on TV to blame.

I was hoping for a little more on the date, but I am glad you had fun anyway. No interesting questions asked?

Accidentally Me said...

SJM - Meaning you were hoping I would write more? Or you were hoping more would happen? And what exactly do you mean by "interesting questions"?

OC said...

I can guess what she means by "interesting questions"... like the kind that involve jewelry? :)

I read on the weekends too. Sundays are my catch-up days because I'm avoiding accounting homework. Very cute coat by the way!

Still just me said...

It sounded like a proposal night the way you wrote it, at least to me. Secret date, dress nice, etc.

I'm sorry, I guess it is just the romantic soul in me.

It still sounded like a wonderful time. I am glad you enjoyed it, it sounds like fun.

Still just me said...

OC-That is exactly what I meant! Am I the only one that had that assumption?

boohoo said...

I think everyone reading your blog is trying to get you engaged ;) I'm glad you had a great time. I always love getting flowers :)

That coat is *gorgeous*. I love the buttons. But I hate sharing my clothes hehe