Thursday, October 04, 2007

You win some, You lose some

Definitely dealing with one unhappy Munchkin this morning! She was real good and went in to take a nap right after dinner (around 5:45) so she could stay up and watch the Cubs game. I was supposed to wake her up for the start of the Red Sox game at 6:30, but figured she would be better off sleeping a little longer than that. So we woke her up at about 7:15 or so, sometime in the second inning.

The Red Sox won, which everyone was most excited about. David Ortiz hit a home run...he is my favorite player (who remembers the "There's a cookie?" ads on the radio last year? He is like a giant Dominican teddy bear.) The Cubs, however, did not win, and Munchkin was not happy about it. Smoking Hot Roommate and she both agreed that there was some inappropriate coaching, but I don't really know the details.

I missed most of that game, because I busted out a pillow and fell asleep with me head at Munchkin's end of the sofa and my feet at SHR's:-) Pretty nice spot to take a nap!!! They stayed up and watched the whole game.

Fortunately, it was a pretty quick game (it didn't start until 10:30!!! but was over at 1:00) and with the previous nap, Munchkin didn't have any trouble getting out of bed this morning. She was, however, really irritated that they lost...

OC asked yesterday what would happen if the Cubs play the Red Sox in the World Series, and the answer is frightening...I think her head may explode with the conflicting emotions:-) Seriously, she would root for the Cubs, although she may keep that quiet around school...lol. She likes the Red Sox, but the Cubs are a longer-term relationship for her, and one that she is more devoted too.

If I put on my psycho-analysts hat, I think the love of the Cubs is a link she feels like she still has to her father. He was a huge fan, and took her to a couple of games when she was really little She was 7 when he died, and I think that on some level she associates the Cubs with him a little bit. Plus, she really likes baseball:-)

If I change the subject for a moment...the weather is fucking awesome around here! It is warm and very summery and has been for a couple weeks now. The weekend is supposed to be more of the same. How awesome is this?!?!?

Tonight will be another tough one...the game starts at 10:00. There is no Red Sox game, though, so she has plenty of time to rest up before that game. And hopefully she isn't too tired today for chicken fingers! It is Thursday after all:-) I would love to be able to take her out to watch the game, but that is just way too late for her to be out...she is better off on the couch. Maybe I will even stay up tonight...unless The Boy stays over, in which case I will probably cry 'exhaustion' and go to bed early:-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We both though that you were wicked cute when you were sleeping. We didn't want to wake you!

And Munchkin was SERIOUSLY pissed!!! It was sorta funny.

boohoo said...

oh weird: we're having a really warm weekend too here in Wales :)

No sports for us tho, the boys bombed out of the World Cup in the rugby booooo