Monday, October 08, 2007

As American as Apple Pie. And Oral Sex.

Two weeks until my first blog-iversary...are we all excited? I should plan something...any ideas?

Other than Munchkin crying a bit over the Cubs losing, the weekend was a pretty darn good one! Smoking Hot Roommate, The Rocket Scientist, The Boy and I took Munchkin out to watch the Red Sox on Friday night, which I had promised her ahead of time. She's funny...she loves "going out" in the same way that a lot of people twice her age like going out. She likes to sit in a restaurant and eat pub grub, people-watch, chat about nonsense and watch sports. Other than her martini glass being filled with 7up and Cranberry Juice instead of something stiffer, she could be my age.

The game was really long, especially the first couple of innings, so by the time we left at 10:00, it was only like the third inning. The boys had a weekend-long bachelor party to catch up with, so they left us after they walked us home. Munchkin was really beat, so she went pretty much straight to bed. We decided that what we really needed was to put on our bathing suits, grab a bottle of wine and watch the rest of the game in the hot tub:-) Yes...she absolutely put a television in sight of the jacuzzi in her bathroom so she could watch TV in the tub...I told you she is wicked smart:-)

Saturday was downright hot...which is really bizarre for October, but I love it. Soccer was a good time, although I feel kind of odd about the games being so warm. I usually think about them as being on really crisp, chilly fall mornings. It is rare that soccer is played on iced coffee days!!!

We ate lunch and then went to a farm not terribly far from here for obligatory fall stuff. I don't think she enjoys pumpkin and apple picking as much as I do, but she humors me:-) She made fun of me a little bit for being way too excited by the whole thing (I named the three pumpkins I bought...Percy Pumpkin, Peter Pumpkin and Patty Pumpkin) but didn't complain about me making her go...lol. She did, however, jump at the chance to hang out at her friend's pool in the afternoon. Seriously...it is New England, you shouldn't be able to go swimming in October!

She ended up bringing five friends over to hang out, and of course to watch her beloved Cubs. I baked two apple pies, one of which the kids immediately ate...lol. Must have been good! Seriously, soccer, pumpkin and apple picking, baking and babysitting...that is pretty motherly of me.

I felt really bad for Munchkin when the Cubs lost. Fortunately her friends were all gone, because she definitely cried when the game was over. She was pretty sad:-( I guess I do appreciate that she can get hung up on trivial things like that...she has seen entirely too much real heartache, I am glad that she can fret over kids stuff once in a while. That makes me feel better:-)

Sunday was not quite so warm;-) The cooler weather arrived in a hurry! The Boy was kinda beat up from the weekend (maybe it is time to realize that you can't drink non-stop for two straight days anymore...you are gonna be 30 soon, you know:-P) and was just getting out of bed when the football games were starting. SHR and Munchkin had some guys from their Fantasy Football league over to watch the games, and I slipped away for the afternoon. The Boy was in pretty rough shape, but I brought lunch lunch over, and then gave him a back rub and a blow job and he was all better:-D Well, still hungover, but in much better spirits;-)

Seriously, who is a better girlfriend than me? (Wait, don't answer that...) He did return one of the favors, but he still owes me a back rub:-P

On that note...hope everyone had a good weekend and isn't suffering Monday too much:-) It's raining here:-(

8 comments:

Scotty said...

Poor Munchkin and the Cubs.. I almost did the same thing for the Padres, and then the Angels. Ok, maybe not. But close.

and then gave him a back rub and a blow job and he was all better
I think I need to find the Sandy Eggo version of you, quick.

Anonymous said...

I was totaly just reading along and then you mentioned the blow job and I about spit out my diet coke I laughed so hard - you go girl!

Anonymous said...

I just never quite know what I am gonna find here everyday.

You're right about one thing: you are one pretty fucking awesome girlfriend, even without the loose morals!

Anonymous said...

You bake apple pie?? Can we be best friends?

Accidentally Me said...

Scotty - The Angels loss is cause for great celebration around here.

Princess - Did you read the title? I kinda gave away the ending:-) And who said anything about spitting anything out? OK...sorry...way too much information...hee hee. Glad you enjoyed it! Now, about drinking diet coke in the morning...you should talk to SHR about that.

The Boy - And don't you forget it! And you ain't seen nothing yet...wait until I get you alone in the woods for four days next weekend...:-)

Brandy - I am an amateur baker at best, but learning! Someday I aspire to be half the cook that e.b. is, she is the pro!

Funny, you and Scotty both wanna be my friend, yet for totally different reasons...interesting;-)

Douglas said...

"There's no crying in baseball."

Anonymous said...

ha! you're an awesome girlfriend. i'm sure he has no complaints. lol.

OC said...

No rain a little south of you today... and still hot! I have my a/c on!

Sorry about the Cubs :-(

Have fun next weekend ;-)