Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's a Girl

The Boy's sister is a new Mom this morning:-) She had a 6 lb, 12 oz baby girl last night, 10 fingers, 10 toes, mother and baby both doing very well:-)

The Boy is over-the-roof excited. This is niece/nephew #5 for him, but this one is special because he is so close to his sister (OK, I wasn't around when the others were born, so I don't really know, but I think...) His other brother and sister are older, and they didn't live near each other when any of those kids were born. This, however, he has been very close to since Day 1 (especially since he knew before she did!)

And they gave her his name as a middle name. Unfortunately, he doesn't really have a gender-neutral name like "Chris" or "Terry", so they couldn't just name her after him outright. Imagine a little girl with a name like Doug or Kirk or something like that... So she has a boy's name for a middle name, but she will grow to like it when she gets older:-) I don't even have a middle name, so I would gladly take a boy's name.

I am going to go over with Munchkin after work and before chicken fingers to see them in the hospital. I'd like to give her a little chance to rest before dropping in.

Nothing much else new...it is supposed to be really warm this weekend. Hopefully the Red Sox can win tonight so that they can have a game here on Saturday to take advantage of it, but it doesn't look real good! Chicken fingers tonight, and maybe some ice cream or a canoli if it really is warm and we wanna walk around a bit.

Other than that, hope everyone enjoys their Thursday and sends good wishes to the newest little member of my universe...

10 comments:

Aaron said...

Attention, The Boy:

THE TIME IS NOW! START CALLING HER BY HER MIDDLE NAME! :P

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all!

Babies are so wonderful, I have a new neice - she is 3 months old. I cannot get enough of her.

Long time reader,
-Carree

ella said...

I think she will love having a boys name as her middle name.

Chicken fingers sound SO good right now...I may have to get some for lunch.

Whine Girl said...

congrats on the newest mini-member!

go Indians


LOL

Ally said...

Exciting!! So this makes you practically an aunt, right?

OC said...

Congrats to them! Little ones are so cute! And glad everyone is happy and healthy.

Trish Ryan said...

Cute babies almost sort of make up for the pain of watching the Red Sox right now. But I'm guessing if you know the cute baby personally, it's a bit more of a consolation!

Anonymous said...

congrats!

boohoo said...

Aww I adore babies!

I'm having puppies in a week (not physically obviously) -does that count?

Still just me said...

I love boy names for girls, look at my Logan. I also like Kyle, Stevie, and yes, even Darren for a little girl. It makes them more unique.