Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dr. Paingiver, DDS

I got home last night and there was a message reminding me that Munchkin and I had dentist appointments this morning. Shit. Totally forgot. Ahh well, not that big a deal, I just had to leave a message that she would be late for school, and let work know I would be a little late. But it was just for cleanings at 7:45, so I figured it wouldn't take that long.

Remind me to floss more often.

Turns out I had a cavity, and rather than come back, I decided to just have them fill it right then. So now my lip is so numb that it looks like I am having a stroke. I liked it better when I didn't know I had a tooth problem. Oh, and Munchkin is gonna need braces soon, how cute will that be:-)

She got mad at me last night, which is a really rare occasion, and hopefully not a trend. A couple friends were going out to watch the Patriots game last night and invited us to meet up with them. Smoking Hot Roommate told Munchkin we could go, thinking it would be OK for her to go and see at least the first little bit of the game. Really, that is fine...she knows her well enough that they don't need to check with me on everything they want to do.

The issue, however, is that Munchkin has a project due for school on Friday, and I don't want her being up all night on Thursday finishing it. And, I don't want to have to cancel our regular Thursday date so she can do it, either. So I wanted her to do at least some of it last night and then if it was early enough, we could go out for a little bit. Well, she didn't like that one bit... She did what I asked her to, but there was definitely a little bit of attitude alongside it. Hopefully she will thank me when there is not a ton to do on Thursday...

We did end up going out for a bit, but the game started late, so we only stayed for a little bit. Enough time for a couple of chicken wings, and for her to feel like a big kid:-) She is, however, off the wall over the Cubs making the playoffs...that started tomorrow, I think.

6 comments:

anne said...

good lord i hate the dentist, even reading about you going to it made me cringe.

OC said...

Go Cubbies!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

i just had 8 cavities filled in 2 days. so not fun.

Azrael said...

ugh...homework...

What's it about dentists that make people cringe eh? Is it because you cant see what the heck he's doing inside your mouth? he he :D

Cheers!!!

boohoo said...

I hope it wasn't too painful :/

Aww braces - I had them for about four years! They were often painful but I adore braces so I didn't mind really.

Stroppy teenager moment? I wouldn't worry, doesn't sound like she does it very often; just wait 'til her hormones really kick in ... hehehe ;)

Accidentally Me said...

e.b. - That was my goal...to make everyone else share in my agony!

OC - She is a nut for them!

Kate - 8?!?! Holy christ!

Azrael - I think it is the extreme uncomfort, more than anything.

Ys - I hope so...I am hoping that she will rebel less because she has no parents to rebel against. I'm cool, right?