Thursday, October 11, 2007

Contest Time!!!

Hmm...Jordan asked a good question that I am gonna take a couple days to think about. I have to make sure I have a good answer, so I will get to it on Tuesday. Which means you can all feel free to ask anything else you want, and I will try and get to that on Tuesday, too.

In the meantime, I am going on vacation, bitches:-) Given the amount of vacation time I take (hee hee!) this should hardly seem like an earth-shattering event, but I am really super excited. The Boy and I have never really taken a vacation, just the two of us, of any real substance before. We have gone away with friends, or with family (heck, we go away to the beach most weekends in the summer), but never alone. Not that this is a huge vacation (really just an extra day) but it will fun to be alone with him in a new place.

I also have an interesting contest, as suggested by a fellow blogger (who shall remain anonymous unless choosing to self-identify). I am on record as being a huge fan of the X-rated text message. I just think it is really hot to drop someone a random message in the middle of the day that says "I know we are both busy, but I am still thinking about you" or "I just can't get you out of my head" and doing it in much less...um..."refined" language.

So, the contest is this...who can come up with the hottest, sexiest, best text message idea? This can be something you have actually sent, or received, or would like to send, or just plain think is really hot. Feel free to provide the context of the message if it was a real one (i.e., something may be hotter if you have been married for 30 years than it would be if you started dating three weeks ago...so the background may help.)

There are no real rules, other than it has to be the approximate length of a text. You can submit via comment, or via email or IM. If you are too shy and want to submit by anonymous comment, you can feel free to do that, too, but send me an email to let me know who it is, if you wouldn't mind.

I reserve the right to be the final judge, but I will absolutely solicit input from readers to pick favorites. Depending on how many of you take me up on this, I may have more than one winner...the rules are somewhat flexible;-)

I guess this means we will also need prizes. I haven't quite worked that out yet, but be assured...it will be awesome! At a minimum, you shall receive the people's ovation and fame forever!!! On the downside, I wouldn't count on a large cash payout...

So that's about it...anything submitted before tomorrow morning will get published right away, otherwise it may have to wait until I get back. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Go Red Sox!

12 comments:

ella said...

Where are you and the Boy going?

Scotty said...

I have been out of practice for the hot and steamy texts. Maybe if I send a random hot and steamy one to someone I could get something going.

Let me think..

Accidentally Me said...

Ella - New Hampshire. For a wedding. And The Boy dated the Bride for two years...did I mention that?

Scotty - You can practice in this space:-)

Aaron said...

*stays tuned*

Anonymous said...

Because you have been badgering me all day to offer something, this is an actual text received by a female friend of mine while she was at work one day:

"Can't stop thinking about going down on you"

I thought it was concise, to the point, and surprisingly romantic!

Douglas said...

That is such bullshit...SHR......men don't think in terms of pleasing women....they think in terms of getting what they want and then watching Sportscenter.

-The CaveMan

Anonymous said...

i once wrote someone this in text...

I am sick of being a virgin, wondering if you were interested in helping me fix that, please disregard if weirded out....

AND it worked, although not immediately.

boohoo said...

I like dirty text messages! I think I prefer sending them to receiving them actually.

If Ray and I are interrupted (as we so often are in my house cos I share a room with my sister) and I come and he doesn't (which happens quite often cos I come quick ;D) then I find a saucy text message sent to him after he's gone home either winds him up even more for the next day's fun, or encourages him to have a wank and tell me all about it ;)

I can't think of any off the top of my head though. It really depends on what we're enjoying at the time.

Mind you, I did get the best text off Ray, which I kept. This was purely for the circumstances. We were at one of his family do's, which meant we had to behave ourselves (i.e. no butt grabbing). I went to get a drink from the kitchen and heard my mobile chime. I opened it and read "ur ass looks r good x" and had to quickly hide it from my inlaws who were close by. Made me smile :)

Plus, I got one that said "Don't even start. I'm picturing you in the bath already". I like harassing him ;)

Still just me said...

Not a text, but since The Old Man works away from home, we send each other email "tutorials" on how to perform oral sex on each other, among other subjects. It gives us high anticipation for his homecoming.

Whine Girl said...

test message I sent:

lets take ferry from hoboken to city tonight, short black dress, no panties.. sit across from me at dinner. meow.

Anonymous said...

ha! i'm all about the dirty text messages. love them.

Anonymous said...

I will have my tenth anniversary next week and we send each other naughty e-mails not texts so I guess I can't win..wah....