Friday, October 05, 2007

It is still 80 degrees outside

I had an awesome night last night! First, the chicken fingers, which are always brilliant:-) Big crew...Papa Bear and his lady friend came, as did Big Sis and the Brain Surgeon. They didn't actually eat the chicken fingers (they were all having dinner someplace fancy afterwards...food snobs!!!) but they had a drink and visited. Smoking Hot Roommate has no such food pretensions, so she and the Rocket Scientist ate with us, as did he roommate. A couple other friends visited for a snack on their way home from work, too. Seems like a lot, but we were done by like 7:00.

Munchkin had to finish her school project, but fortunately she had most of it done (because her big sister insisted she get it done ahead of time:-)). Even more fortunately for me, SHR was kind enough to take her home and help her finish it off, and give me the chance to take off to The Boy's place for a bit. His sister and her wife were over visiting, so I got to hang with them for a bit. After they left we hung out for a bit (am I really getting so old that I gloss over the evening with "we hung out"? Yikes...I am getting boring...) and then he walked me home at about 11:00.

That was just in time for Munchkin to wake up from a quick nap to watch the Cubs game:-) I stayed awake for this one, and once again, Munchkin was none to happy that they lost. She seemed less mad about this one than Wednesday's, and more resigned than angry. Me thinks things look not so good for the Cubs now (if they lose one more game they lose the series).

Red Sox tonight and I promised her that we could go out to watch. The game starts at 8:37, so I doubt we will make it all the way until the end, but you never know. She has soccer in the morning, so I have to make sure she gets to bed at a reasonable hour. After soccer we are going apple and pumpkin picking, which is totally one of my favorite things. Then I am gonna make apple pie:-)

The weather is supposed to be gorgeous all weekend, so we are going golfing on Sunday morning one last time before the season ends! I only played three times this summer and I hope to play more next...I want to not suck quite so much so I can play more. After that it is regular Sunday football watching:-D Should be a fun weekend!

Next weekend is going to be a long one. The Boy and I are going to a wedding for two really good friends of his, one of which is a long-term ex girlfriend, in New Hampshire (yes, he will be in a tuxedo...grrr). We were originally going to drive up Friday afternoon for the rehearsal and come back Sunday morning after the wedding.

However, in light of the semi-recent events, and the fact that The Boy and I almost never go away together, I think it would be fun to expand that. So I convinced him to take the following Monday off, and all of Friday to make a longer weekend of it. So now we are leaving Friday morning and staying until Monday night...a badly needed mini-vacation:-) Smoking Hot Roommate and the Rocket Scientist are gonna be away as well, but Big Sis is without the Brain Surgeon all weekend, so she and Munchkin are gonna get some quality time together:-)

And I have to get to Chicago at some point soon, too...I will work on that next week. Anyway, that is all...hope everyone has a great weekend:-)

10 comments:

Christi said...

Okay, I must admit that your profile is what inspired me to continue reading further into your blog. How fascinating to see how the course of one's life can be so incredibly different than you ever saw imaginable!

Can't wait to read more. I've decided that I must continue coming back in order to get a feel for the nicknamed characters in your life. I'll figure it out eventually =)

Accidentally Me said...

Christi - I do tend to dish out a lot of names...lol. Feel free to email with any questions:-

ella said...

Yes, you are starting to get boring...LOL

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your week sounds nice - not boring - and even if it is a tad mellow it means you're content and don't feel the need to go out just to go out. Hiope you have a great weekend!

anne said...

Have a fabulous weekend. I have always wished we had the pumpkin apple picking here. Pick a good one out for me!

boohoo said...

I hope the weekend was a good one. I want a long weekend away now ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I got your comment on my "I was tagged" post and thought I'd come say hi. I'm enjoying your blog, too. Don't be surprised if you go back to mine and see it on my blogroll :)

Lpeg said...

alright, you're going to have to fill me in on where to get those yummy chicken fingers so that next time i'm in boston, I can check it out!

sounds like you have a great weekend in store, and enjoy the weather... it's already getting cold up here - you can sense the frost coming in...

Anonymous said...

Mellow weeks are so needed... hope your weekend goes well!

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

Is the girl/ex getting married the one "he took so long to tell" about you two?